Account and Incorrect E-mail? Help.

Hey all. This is the first time I've ever posted to the Xbox forums, pretty much because this is the first time I have ever had to.

Basically my problem revolves around the fact that when I signed into Xbox Live a few years back or whenever it was, whenever I set my account up, I had entered my email address incorrectly. So, this is exactly what I did: my email address (And the email address used for my Microsoft account) is

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

but it on my Xbox it is listed as

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

If you didn't notice at the dot net part the second one has an "l" listed rather than a "t".

And since *** Email address is removed for privacy *** isn't a real Microsoft account there is no correct password associated with it. Does that make sense? Like, if it asks me for my Windows Live password or whatever, I can enter anything I want but it'll be incorrect because that *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address doesn't exist.

Lol, I hope I'm making sense. I have access to my Microsoft account and everything is all good, it's just the email address associated with it is wrong, but since the email address associated with it doesn't exist, I don't know how to change it. 'Cause if I try to change my email it wants the current password or if I try to say forgot password it sends a password to an email that doesn't exist. Know'm saying?

I hope I made sense, I just want to get this figured out so I can get everything straightened out and don't have to worry about it anymore because it does limit some of the things that I can and can't do.

Thank you very much in advance.

P.S.

On an unrelated note, when I sign in to Xbox.com it says that my username is TinselTortoise3, and that is NOT my gamertag. I seriously have no clue why that is my username I have never even heard of that before. (Unless Xbox just gives you some random username.)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

You can try to change your email from your xbox in the account settings and also don't post E-mails and personal information on the forums as you see it blurs it out.

And you probably didn't change your Gamertag when you first made your Xbox account, Xbox gives you One free Gamertag change when you make a new account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.