Accidentally selected Transfer License...

Hi,

I have received a new Xbox for Christmas.  I was looking around the menus on my new Xbox live account just to see what was there and accidentally pressed A twice on 'Transfer Licenses'.  I now get a message saying that I have transfered my licences from the console and  -

'Your next opportunity to use this tool is: 25/04/2012 15:35:18 UTC.'

This has been done on a silver account and the only thing that has been downloaded is the free YouTube app. 

As I'm planning on making the account Gold I'm just wondering if this mistake will cause any issues in terms of downloading content to the console in the future or with my Live account?

Many thanks for any replies.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 52 Applies to:

No it won't cause any issues. The license transfer is used when you get a new console and you need to transfer the licenses from your downloaded content to the new console. So unless you're expecting to get a new console in the next 4 months, you won't have any issues.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Great thanks for the reply.  So by doing this it hasn't put my console in license 'limbo' or deactivated anything on my current console/live account?  

Sorry this didn't help.

Right. Everything should be fine on your console since you didn't have any licenses to transfer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Crunchy:

Xbox content licenses are bound to two things. The gamertag that purchases it, and the console it's purchased on. Transferring licenses just swaps the licenses over to the console you perform the transfer on. As long as one of the two is present - you are either on the console who currently has the licenses, or signed into the gamertag that purchased the content - you will have no problems playing it. If you do run into issues, call customer support to set up a manual content license transfer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Squish thanks that helps clear things up.

One thing however that is still not absolutely clear to me - as I mentioned I selected on my new xbox 'transfer licenses' by mistake, with no licenses active (apart from preloaded Hexic HD).  Has this now put my account in a state where it is expecting me to download things to a new console and deactivated things on my console?  

As it was a mistake I have no intention of transferring any licenses whatsoever - im just concerned that by accidentally clicking transfer license and then not doing anything I have potentially disabled content or may have issues with licensing on this console in the future?

And will this just reset in 4 months as though it never happened?

Thanks in advance for any further advice.

Sorry this didn't help.

No. Since you did the license transfer on your console, the system still sees that one as being your console. If you yad accidentally done it on a friends console then you might have problems.

Sorry this didn't help.