Accidentally created new xbox live account when logged in with microsoft account

When I was going to log on to xbox.com for the first time I used the Microsoft account I had used to make the Xbox live account on my console. I used the same email and password as my console account but instead it created a completely new Xbox live account that I am writing this with now. I don't want this account, I want to use the account on my console. Is there any way for me to access my console account via this one or replace this one with my console one? (and no my console one isn't a local account it is an Xbox live gold membership)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 120 Applies to:

Hey there, if it was the same Microsoft Account, you should be able to sign into your main account seamlessly. Can you confirm the Microsoft Account on your main account is the same by following the instructions here?

If the Microsoft Account is indeed the same and you now have two gamertags on the same one, please contact Xbox Support

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the help! Turns out I wasn't using the same Microsoft account when I made this :/ herp derp. Thanks again!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.