absolutely pathetic

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sum it up please, my phone wont load the site.

Basically any retailer that decides that the xbox one will triumph over ps4 get hurled abuse at them. It also staits that Sony hired 1000s of unpaid staff to work over to make it ready. It might be true or it might be utter BS, but the stuff about the retailers getting abuse for positive videos they post about xbox one i can see happening. Apparently they had to pull the vid due to racist remarks intended for the person on the video. What are your thoughts anyway.

Hmm, there was something similar in the PSN forums last night. Something about College Students being forced to work on the PS4 or they are not allowed to graduate. Sounds like a bad Simpsons Couch gag to me.

There are so many more important things in life.  

Dont forget to add the threat of not getting credits for their intern if they did not work the OT..  on a packaging line no less

I do kinda like the name Slavestation 4.

-

It's Chinese manufacturing. What do you expect?

-Update where they state the problem has been addressed

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303382004579127393929164558.html

the part about foxconn treating employees/interns like crap is not surprising. and while the employees were working on ps4, all companies who use them should be ashamed, that includes ms as im sure they are involved in x1.

-

i think the most interesting part of the article is how they point out the one sided reactions to the consoles.

Foxconn treats staff like slaves... in other shocking news night follows day. There is hardly a single consumer electronic device purchased nowadays that isn't manufactured in some appalling sweatshop owned by these cretins. If either SOny or Microsoft would promise their products were made in factories with the working standards enjoyed by workers in the USA and EU I'd be happy to pay £100 more for both consoles.... but they won't. Your TV was built in a sweatshop like this, your smart phone, your PC, you DVD player, your toaster... and your Xbox One. Because yep, Microsoft use Foxconn as well. I'm surprised there aren't more horror stories like this doing the rounds. It is a pretty wretched business all round.

Fanboys are pathetic. I don't get the mentality. I really don't. It's fine to have a preference... but the need to prop up that choice while slamming the competition and anyone who's opinion is different is just down right childish.

@Sir...if the consoles were made here in the US, we'd be paying a darn sight more than that. They would all be unionized workers, and that's why we manufacture so much less in the states now.