ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING !!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so I just got off the phone to Customer Services, I bought a day one edition of the xb1 and since plugging it in  I have had nothing but problems with the display, a black flicker would appear on screen for 1 or 2 seconds no matter what I was doing on the machine, playing a game, on the dashboard or watching live TV via the Sky HD box.

After going through all the troubleshooting steps, changing resolution and the like, it was determined that the console was faulty and I would need a replacement one sending out," great I thought at least I'll get a replacement......", little did I know that Microsoft want a credit card to withhold £400 until they get the faulty one back, ARE THEY SERIOUS ?????

Did they do this when the 360 had faults, no, they sent out the console via courier and you handed the faulty one over upon delivery, would they let me do this, no they would not, would they let me send my faulty one first then get the replacement sent out afterwards, no they would not budge.

Im sorry but I've just spent £429 on your "next gen" console, there's no way I'm shelling out another £400 to get a replacement one when there is no security or guarantee that Microsoft, or the courier service will "accidentally" misplace my faulty console, therefore leaving me another £400 out of pocket.

No apologies for my inconvenience, no compensation, no middle ground to work from, just £400 or *** off please.

Disgusting

This is from a customer that has been with Xbox for ten years, ten years of loyalty counts for nothing these days I suppose.

This blog will be posted on ALL Xbox related forums to show that Xbox do not care about you, offer a shoddy service and just want to milk you for every penny that you have, CONSUMERS BEWARE !!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

This is not at all unusual.  Companies aren't in the habit of sending out expensive hardware without some sort of guarantee you'll send it back.  And you have nothing to worry about if it was to get lost or something.  The products are tracked and since its on a credit card, you could always dispute it.  

Having read other topics though, it seems like others were given the option to ship theirs back.  Might want to try and speak to a different rep. In addition, you may look at bringing it back to where you bought it - stores are likely going to have stock soon.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Isn't this the advance replacement? Where they send out the replacement unit before they get yours back? It's terrible your new unit is broken but this is how they make sure your aren't just calling and attempting to get a free XBOX One.

Sorry this didn't help.

OP,

whoa whoa there buddy, slow down, you forgot you will have to PAY for Return Shipping!!

what a total mess! hey I have to send my NOISY XboxOne PSU in! Takes 15 days turn around includes my shipping time! what can we do but bend over?

Sorry this didn't help.

I appreciate that Microsoft dont want to send out units willy-nilly to every tom, *** and harry who are after a free console, but for them not even to consider my faulty console to be sent FIRST before I receive anything is beyond me, surely this is proof enough that im not a scammer,  its like "nope, give me £400 or im not doing anything", when my 360 pranged on me all I had to do was call them wait for the delivery, then hand over my faulty unit at the same time as recieving the new one, why this sudden change on returns policy, then again its not the first time.

As regards to handing it back to the retailer, I work for the retailer and I know for a fact that stock between now and the new year is going to be non existent,  so I can kiss getting an instant replacement goodbye, then again there could be a massive surge of stock be for then.....i think not.

Thanks for your constuctive replies everyone and I guess im just gonna have to bend over and take it like a man.......

Sorry this didn't help.

It doesn't matter whether you are a scammer or not, it ensures you'll ship back the faulty unit and do so in a timely manner.  I see this all the time, for equipment that costs far more ($15k and up) and the part may only be $250 but they still will get CC info to ensure the faulty part is returned.

Retailer may get some.  I'm sure MS is prioritizing their stores, but I know some MS stores have already received stock.  Not sure about other stores, but it will likely happen.  

Sorry this didn't help.