About getting TekSavvy internet

I just want to ask around because I am more of the higher tier packages, but I want to know what other's experiences are because Rogers has pretty low data caps and high prices for download speeds, and Bell, I had them previously and it has been more problems for me than being productive.

If anyone has the Cable 28 or DSL 25, can someone explain to me how it worked out for them when using either packages? I just feel that I don't want to pay much higher fees to get such low usage even with high download speeds with Rogers or Bell.

I just want to get some opinions. Not flame wars please.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 86 Applies to:

I'm planning on switching to TekSavvy this month from Bell. Internet test have shown that I'm only downloading around 0.70mbps with Bell even though their minimum states around 5mbps. This should not be possible in 2013, especially with bills jumping into hundreds of dollars a day. HORRIBLE service (videos are almost unplayable on the internet) and it's curbed my online gaming big time (the lag in has become excruciating and makes online multiplayer unplayable). As usual, Bell is finding a way to cheat.

TekSavvy's deals look good. The deals for unlimited service are likely a definite for us.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Juxtapose13"]

[quote user="ArgoBlue"]

I'm planning on switching to TekSavvy this month from Bell. Internet test have shown that I'm only downloading around 0.70mbps with Bell even though their minimum states around 5mbps. This should not be possible in 2013, especially with bills jumping into hundreds of dollars a day. HORRIBLE service (videos are almost unplayable on the internet) and it's curbed my online gaming big time (the lag in has become excruciating and makes online multiplayer unplayable). As usual, Bell is finding a way to cheat.

TekSavvy's deals look good. The deals for unlimited service are likely a definite for us.

[/quote]

Question though:  Have you called Bell to inquire about your speeds and asked them to resolve the issue?  When I got Rogers at my place some months back, the speeds were lower than advertised, so I called them to complain and asked them to please provide what the advertised, and they did.  My speeds are on par with my internet package now.

[/quote]That's the plan. Because of how horrible it's been though, I'm actually going to ask them to give me a sweet deal, and if not they'll lose a customer. We've had to go through enough. They better do something special to make up for it.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="BRIOCHEWARIOS"]

The thing is don't be shy about asking for a credit

[/quote]

100%. If you don't ask, you don't get. Remember you're not asking them for a personal favor. You're paying them.

Sorry this didn't help.

We use TekSavvy here at the office and I've got no complaints.  The service is solid and reliable.

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.

I switched from Rogers Extreme to Teksavvy Cable 18 about 2 months. The initial set up was simple, they mailed the modem I purchased, and on the scheduled cutoff date with Rogers I plugged in the new modem and was online in about 2 minutes. I had some issues with the connection slowing down and dropping occasionally, but they've done maintenance lately (and this week overnight) and it's been perfectly stable since.

The speed is great and having 300+GB of usage makes HD video a welcome freedom. Right now I'm waiting for Teksavvy to migrate to the newer ATPIA network infrastructure so I can get the newer 25/2 cable speeds. I'd recommend Teksavvy despite the few troubles I've had with them.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="ArgoBlue"]

[/quote]

Question though:  Have you called Bell to inquire about your speeds and asked them to resolve the issue?  When I got Rogers at my place some months back, the speeds were lower than advertised, so I called them to complain and asked them to please provide what the advertised, and they did.  My speeds are on par with my internet package now.

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.

The thing is don't be shy about asking for a credit. I'm with Rogers and back in February we had all kinds of problems in New Brunswick from getting disconnected, very slow download speeds, to no internet at all. It lasted for over  3 weeks so I called twice and asked to talk to a Customer Relation agent and twice they credited me for a whole month without me even breaking a sweat. So in the end, I got 2 full months of free internet just by calling and telling them that I wasn't going to put up with this anymore. Call them and see what they say. The worst answer they can give you might be no but I am confident you will get something from them.

Sorry this didn't help.