Able to access other users content?

Playing on my friends Xbox 360, both of us have gold accounts, my profile, DLC, and save data are on my USB stick and I was setup on control pad 2. I found last night I can share my pre order bonus DLC Recon helmet, in Halo Reach with my friend. No shady methods, he simply went into the armoury and it was there for him to use. I don't know if this is a bug or a glitch or simply by design. He was also able to play on all of my DLC maps aswell though when we both tried to go online with other people we had difficulty sometimes getting the DLC maps to load. He has never played Halo: Reach on his account, until last night when I went to his house with it. 

Now I thought we weren't supposed to be able to access the content of other users? Is this intentional for this game? Or a loophole?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

There are two licenses, one of the console the content was bought on and one for the gamertag that bought it.

Your friend can use the content on his console because your profile is logged in as well and as such is authorising it for use.

Even when I'm no longer signed in?

Yes, even when you are not signed in.

Essentially because your account authorised the DLC for use, you can signout and he'll still be able to use it.

However I think you'll find that if he restarts his console and tries to use the content without you first signing in, he wont be allowed to use it.

Maybe because the content is not on his HDD. Maybe if I put it on his HDD it may let him use it still.

Going to have to see if he can do that the next time I go upto his house. Put the disc in and and see if the Recon helmet loads or not after moving it to his HDD. If not then the helmet should change to default.

Doubtful as that is where the console license comes in.

You see any profile on your console will be able to use the content, regardless of whether your profile is currently on the console or not.

On his console though your profile will need to be signed in first to authorise it to be used. This is regardless of whether you copy the content to his console or download it from the marketplace to his console.

Yeah if that was the case only one set of friends would buy dlc then go to each friends and re download it to their consoles thus costing the developers precious money lol .surely they will be some sort of restriction

[quote user="andykod77"]

Yeah if that was the case only one set of friends would buy dlc then go to each friends and re download it to their consoles thus costing the developers precious money lol .surely they will be some sort of restriction

[/quote]

Haha! The trick is to make the initial "purchase" on another console, so that console gets that contents DRM license.

Then you can re-download and play on Live on your console. Thats what my brother & I do all the time when one of us buys from the Marketplace.

Lol wish I read this last week me and a mate both bought deadliest warrior 2  last week not to worry will try it nxt time we want something from market place

It's also the best way to get around the online pass system if you have two consoles in the house.