Ability to pre-load games leading up to their digital launch

After speaking with Xbox Support via Twitter, they've confirmed to me that you won't be able to "pre-load" a title that you're purchasing digitally the night before its launch. This will likely sway me to purchase a physical version of Titanfall, as the download would likely take too long on my ISP.

I'd love to see a "pre-load" option, similar to Steam, for digital titles that are going to be available at midnight of their release (at least the major ones).

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If this would happen it would be so long to discs for me. Would love to see this happen...

[quote user="WhoIsDo"]

After speaking with Xbox Support via Twitter, they've confirmed to me that you won't be able to "pre-load" a title that you're purchasing digitally the night before its launch. This will likely sway me to purchase a physical version of Titanfall, as the download would likely take too long on my ISP.

I'd love to see a "pre-load" option, similar to Steam, for digital titles that are going to be available at midnight of their release (at least the major ones).

[/quote]I like this idea.  I think it could be a huge can of worms for MS tho.  Putting stipulations on a game that you preordered and downloaded but can't play until they say so could have some legal ramifications that they may not want to deal with. 

it has been mentioned.... but is not available now... but most likely will come sooner or later.... I believe they must have answered your CAN WE PRE DOWNLOAD.. meaning in the present time... they are very hesitant about releasing features before they are announced.... and usually end it with a check here blah blah blah and send you to a link to the official Xbox wire site

any more news on this

you did see that released and then quickly removed page from the Xbox store of the Titanfall purchase page that said... Download before the 11th and have it unlock at 12:01....??  

hollowknowledge.files.wordpress.com/.../titanfall.png

That is a cut of the full page.... it was QUICKLY removed... rumor was the 2nd hand stores threw a fit it was leaked as they started loosing pre orders...  as well as it was not"announced" as a feature yet..  we will see in a week after the update

@Spark they do it all the time on PC games, And 360 have done it plenty with certain DLC's over the years. Some BC2 ones were downloaded but only unlock on certain date. I hate the control that retail seems to be having on the progression of digital prices and features.

Im still waiting for smartglass store integration and the ability for a remote purchase to wake my console and start downloading rather than the 360 Queueing system the X1 has.

I think the retailers have a cheek to complain, I cannot count the amount of games I have pre-ordered from Game, Play.com, Amazon etc that arrive a day EARLY, now they don't like it ?

i want titanfall as much as everyone.but in the uk if they end up adding it to the store around 5pm than i wont wait lol

ill just pre order or buy it from the shop

thief was added to store in america at 10am in the uk that would mean 5am

well Evil.. they know once the tide turns towards digital... their days are numbered.... and once a major market like XB1 enables purchasers to buy and pre download 4 days before release... and eventually at a lower price.... (hopefully).. what will they be left to do... they will fight, flame, and complain about anything digital to keep their billion dollar business...