Ability to Play music in the background without "Snap"

This is becoming a real issue for me. I like the snap feature and see its value in some uses (such as skype chat, using I.E. to look up information, etc..) But to have to endure the music app being snapped while playīng a game is just completely frustrating. I don't see why 1/4 of my 52" screen needs to be take over by a music app to show the name of a song and a sliver of a series of photos of the band I'm listening too, while the rest of my game is letterboxed.

This is my first post, id like some confirmation that this is something that is being worked on. Just give us the ability to hide the snap, or have a minimized player somewhere on the edge of the screen which can be accessed via the double tap on the home button.

Seriously, this is ridiculous and I thought this would have been fixed by now.. I've been looking this issue up online and there are various forums which outline this problem with numerous complaints..

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You are not the 1st to complain about this issue. Also, you should post about this in the feedback section of the forums. ;)

Although I expect this feature to come with time, it would be very handy while I play Trials right now ;)

In due time, give them time to work out the system as well

This is one of my most wanted features too, hopefully they bring it back

I absolutely cannot believe this feature, which we had last DECADE, and which a quick google search reveals customers have been asking for ever since the launch of the console, is still not implemented on the Xbox One. I never imagined when I purchased the console that it wouldn't be there. It's making me start to regret purchasing the console. Most of the games I want to play are games I want to listen to music while playing. But I guess that's irrelevant to you guys since you already got my money for the console and your only priority is creating spiffy sounding fluff features to pull in more new customers...

Hmm...to me, a console playing music is a fluffy feature...Most use consoles to play these things called video games. Where were all these people who are wigning about missing media functions, when the entire internet was dumping on Microsoft because they weren't focusing on games enough?

I want this feature

@ Burnin TODI  What updates are you for because it seems you only bring negativity to the conversation in regards to wanted features. You say NO to music, background themes and voice messages. What updates are you looking for ??                                                                                                            

I don't say No...I say they shouldn't be priorities.. Number one priority is anything that improves gameplay and xbox live experience. The colors of tiles in a menu should be the last thing worked on (in my opinion). MS should be working on improving drivers and optimization of development tools first...I also say most of these other "fluff" things (music, themes, and especially voice messaging) should have options to use or not by the user (i.e. Not forced).

I think almost a year after release is more than enough time for ms to add this feature. The original Xbox and 360 had this straight out the box.

Music and game's go hand in hand for a lot of gamer's. I struggle to play driving game's without my own music in the background, and that's why I've barely touches Forza 5 and I'm not even bothering with Horizon 2.