Aaron Paul

Every time that commercial plays on my TV and Aaron says "xbox on" my system starts up.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Glorious exposition Comrade.

Old news. My favorite!

No it doesn't....... it should already be playing...... if your doing it right.

Because he wants you to watch TV through your Xbox.

Yeah so when I'm watching TV and he says play titanfall I then have to play titanfall

I just tested it; none of the voice commands that Aaron Paul gave in the commerical (Xbox On, Xbox go to Titanfall, Xbox Record That, & Xbox Go To Skype set off anything on my TV or my Xbox One). I even turned up the volume and nothing happened. This makes it harder for me to believe that this is happening to people, and even if it is, it's really not that big of a deal - if you're not watching TV through your console to begin with (which you probably should, if able), then it doesn't really interrupt your TV-watching experience because even when the console turns on, it shouldn't switch your source or input. In fact, if you have your console setup so you can use voice commands to turn it off, having it on can actually make turning your TV off later easier.

One solution that I use to prevent things like this from happening is to have all of my TV's audio come through the headphones - that way, it's impossible for the Kinect sensor to register any voice commands from my TV (and for the record, I accounted for this in my test above). In fact, it's great because it actually makes it easier to use voice commands because there's no constant background interference from the TV itself AND I don't disturb my family with my excessive TV-watching and video-game playing. You should try it! ;)

Kinectless Xbox One solves this problem. :P

It's really not a problem for me and I don't mind it at all. The problem was a few days ago I kept noticing that my console kept coming on by itself until just a little while ago I noticed what was happening. I personally don't want my 4 year playing on my Xbox and that is why it's not hooked up through the one guide. It's bad enough she already knows how to operate the cable box and TV by herself. And then the wife I don't even want to go there. Just wanted to let people know about this if they were having phantom turn ons like I was experiencing.

If you're having issues with your lil' one accessing your stuff, you could always password the adult accounts to prevent him/her from getting on. It's in the settings menu. This way, you can hook up the TV through the console and your child will not be able to access the console OR your TV very effectively. If he/she has their own account, make sure you have family safety settings enabled! ;)

Http:// youtu.be / SGixoKHXn5Q I just took this video