A Warning to all TESCO Entertainment customers on pre-ordering

I've just found out by pre-ordering Saints Row 3 genki edition that if you pre-order from TESCO Entertainment they take all of your payment right away, not like Gameplay or Amazon where they take money on despatch. So if you order from Tesco be sure you want it from there, once you place your order it be too late to cancel.

First & last time i order with Tesco entertainment.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 144 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Either way, ASDA have done the opposite and rather than just hold the money in my bank, have actually taken it already. No problem but seems abit weird. Now having to ring Tesco to cancel my order, its been cancel pending since Friday.

I believe this has to do with the type of card. If the card is a prepay mastercard or somesuch, then they would most likely claim the full amount immediately, whereas with a visa debit or a credit card they would do the pre-auth for the £1 etc. I seem to remember this happening to me when I used a prepay mastercard about a year or so ago.

Thank you Stubbly for clearing that up. Much appreciated!

well wouldnt you only order it if you wanted it from them??

I've gotta say I've used Tesco loads for preorder films and games and never have they taken the money before the item is ready to be sent so must be something else that has happened give em a call find out what's going on maybe

They did the same with me, and TBH so have Asda now for my Hardened copy.

I had to ring them a few times and they stated they knew there was a problem and it was just a matter of waiting for the system to update. I'm pretty sure the money is no longer on hold by them though so I should be ok.

Did you manage to cancel your Tesco order without any fuss on the phone? I canceled something a few hours ago and it still says cancel pending. It is absolutely crazy that an order isn't canceled immediately. I did phone them up and they said it takes up to 24 hours for it to cancel. There is no excuse for that at all - everything is done on computer and it should be done instantly.

It is not Tesco entertainment doing this its your bank. Tesco entertainment charge your card on despatch, there are some banks who will take the money straight away from certain companies. I have preordered loads of stuff from tesco entertainment and its always charged on despatch. If you actually have a look at their Terms and conditions you will actually see that they say they charge on despatch for pre orders.

So instead of having a beef with TE maybe you should actually be contacting your bank

M4RV  its not my bank, its Tesco Entertainment.. heres an explanation on how it goes down: [shop] will send an £1 authorization code to your card company/bank to check if your card is working.. then when it's time to despatch the [shop] will send a second authorization code for the ammount of the product ordered. Your bank/card company will take out the money and hold it for 15 days until the [shop] claims the money.

-

What Tesco entertainment has done to my card has sent an authorization for £33.90 so my bank has taken it to hold for TE. I can''t use my card now until i top it up, I know how this works, i buy my shopping online and buy games online all the time.