A tale of Tags and Drives

I've been using my flash drive to transport my GT around to my friends house so that I don't have to bog down our play time, but about two months ago I was playing Mass Effect offline and it froze.  So in my stupidity I took out the flash drive then turned off my xbox.  Ever since I've had to deal with not being able to earn my achievements or have certain activities register, Like the fact that my second most recent game should be CoD BlackOps.  Lots of other interesting things happen while I'm playing as well, while playing Halo Reach I get an error message saying that it can't save my options or something to that effect.  I'm tired of this dance that I have to deal with as the Law Abiding Xboxer, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I would recommend the following:

-on your console delete the profile (profile only!), then clear cache and restart the console.

-then recover it back to the console.

-now delete the profile from the flash drive (reformat it if you only have that on there-otherwise move any game saves, dlc back to the console for a minute)

-move the newly recovered profile from the console to the flash drive along with any game saves and dlc you want to keep with it.

As long as you do not remove the flash drive before you shut down the console or while it is being used you won't have to worry about this happening again. Good Luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.