A serious question about the new Xbox disc support

Dear Microsoft / whoever can answer this question:

I've personally always been a Playstation fan.  But, you put out a pretty fantastic piece of hardware in the Xbox, and fortunately for you, you've come out on top during this generation.  You have a lot of fun games, games that keep me coming back.  Throughout this generation, I've purchased 5, yes 5, Xbox 360s.  The first one was the regular white xbox 360 with a 20gig hard drive.  It died.  I bought the Resident Evil 5 edition to replace it.  I bought a cheap Xbox 360 from someone who didnt want theirs, to try to get my wife playing ( we lived in separate locations at the time ).  Then I bought her a shiny new Xbox 360 slim two years ago for Christmas.  We had one upstairs in our bedroom, and one downstairs in the living room.  Then, my wife, bless her soul, bought me a Halo 4 Xbox 360 when they came out, since my red Xbox was starting to suffer slow disc read speeds and all that good stuff.

When we play games together (and we do), we have to buy two copies of the game.  One for her to play upstairs while I play downstairs.  While my initial reaction to having to buy two games to play with her was "**** YOU STUPID ***** I ALREADY BOUGHT THE GAME ONCE YOU MONEY GRUBBING ******," I came around to why. And I can get the games used and its not that bad.

But I hear, a lot, that your new console wont be supporting used games.  Let me tell you what this means.  It means, I will effectively be either buying half as many games, OR, I'll be buying a larger TV.  Honestly, I don't see a good reason why you smart business types down at Microsoft wont give us an option to play a game that we already bought, that offers split screen capability, to be played at the same time from two different consoles, that we both own, with two active xbox live gold subscriptions.  We just want a slightly larger screen here.

I understand its a potential security loophole and all but, ***, you guys are smart people.  Help a brother out.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'd buy a larger tv if i were you. walmart got a 60 incher

[quote user="Echelon Zero"]

But I hear, a lot, that your new console wont be supporting used games.  Let me tell you what this means.  It means, I will effectively be either buying half as many games, OR, I'll be buying a larger TV.  Honestly, I don't see a good reason why you smart business types down at Microsoft wont give us an option to play a game that we already bought, that offers split screen capability, to be played at the same time from two different consoles, that we both own, with two active xbox live gold subscriptions.  We just want a slightly larger screen here.

I understand its a potential security loophole and all but, ***, you guys are smart people.  Help a brother out.

[/quote]Another assumption about an unannounced game console? Well, nobody on this forum will know the answer to your question. Or if anyone does they aren't going to answer it until it's announced. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Here's why they don't allow that. For one, more money for them. Two, there are always people that will find a way to abuse it. Three, The game developers would have to agree to it, they are the ones making the most money off of you buying two copies of the game.

My suggestion, just buy a bigger TV. 

Also this post sounds like it's more feedback than anything in which case you might want to try posting it in the Xbox Live Wishlist/Feedback forums.

[quote user="Echelon Zero"]Honestly, I don't see a good reason why you smart business types down at Microsoft wont give us an option to play a game that we already bought, that offers split screen capability, to be played at the same time from two different consoles, that we both own, with two active xbox live gold subscriptions.[/quote]They already do. Games on Demand offers exactly this functionality. The first console one downloads a Games on Demand title to gets the console license. All other consoles the game is downloaded to can be played with the gamertag license.

dude...at least your wife likes to play games with you...i've never had a GF do that with me. they're always more interesting in playing hide the sausage with me....