A quick (rough) way to quote.

How I quote on here is type (with out the *)

[quote*] then all the drivel you're quoteing [/quote*] in the quote I put the users name then put the username into bold then under score, You have to copy and paste the persons post you are quoting and you end up with something like this

[quote]

THE NAME OF THE USER YOU ARE QUOTING UNDERSCORED AND IN BOLD

Copy and pasted text from post you are quoting here blah blah then finish with the end quote code.

[/quote]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote]

XBOX.COM

Thanks Ooh im good for this great and helpful post.

[/quote]

Thought it would be helpful.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll likely use this until I understand quoting a bit better than I do.

Does it work in the quick reply box?

[quote user="Ooh im good"] Thought it would be helpful.[/quote]

Yes, yes it does

[quote user="insertname"*] stuff to quote [/quote*] (without the *) is how to quote with the users name included btw

[quote user="MetalGearFloppy"]Yes, yes it does[/quote]

Thank you!

Been using the method Floppy posted since they broke quoting with the 'update' to the forum. Pretty standard BB Code.

It'd be cool if they enabled more BB code on the forum, a spoiler one would be brilliant.

Seriously though... Quoting is one of the basics of any forum... why it's still not on this one is beyond me.

Why the forum has to have the most stupid posting and quoting system ever is beyond me, i'm 57 years old so I don't have enough time left to fanny about with it. LOL.

I am right there with you guys! I won't sing praises were they are not earned. I like the new forums very much but the problems (which I agree, are forum basics) really need fixing. Accessibility and ease of use needs addressing.

The forum runs well overall for me but like others have said, it does need a few things sorting out. It still now and then has the odd "brain fart", mind you I have a few of them myself on a daily basis so I can't really moan :-/