A quick question regarding controllers

If i were to purchase a new shell for my controller, just for cosmetic purposes and and replace it's current shell, would that be alright or would that be considered modding? I don't want to be banned or anything but I would like to personalize my controller.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you only buy a new skin to your xbox360 wired or wireless controller, thats not a mod. Don't worry, it's just an optical design, they don't see what are you doing with your xbox360 or xbox360 controller. I painted out my broken xbox just for fun!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Jotara! So as Freddy pointed out, there are different ways to modify the appearance of your controller. For example, skins and stickers are just fine, but actually removing the plastic body of the controller and replacing it would be considered a modification. This will also void any warranty you have left on the controller.

As always, we recommend using first party accessories and only in the manner in which they were intended. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.