A quick question about game update storage....

...from someone who is likely getting a 360 soon to complete the generation. This really won't change that decision, btw, but I wanted to know if it was true.

I had heard on another forum that the way the 360 handled patches for disc-based games is that it only keeps the last 10 or so of those automatic updates to maintain space. Is this true? Or once a game is updated on my system, THAT VERSION is there regardless (and other updates could come later, of course)?

Being from a PC background, I'm just kinda curious about this, since I would have expected the data to stay, and god knows the newest machines have the space for them to stay.

Thank you in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

To some extent that is correct. However, many newer games released in the last three years or so have the ability to store game patches in the same location save games go.  The patches for the last three Call of Duty games store the game update in the game save location as do the latest releases from EA.  So for the most part, unless you intend to play many older 360 titles, there shouldn't be a problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually, it wont be for me anyway... I tend to play through a game once then shelve it (PC gamer... steam... LOT of backlog). BUT I was looking to do a little research because I was curious and well, it makes me wonder what happens when the next machine comes out... more as a mental exercise since again, I dont tend to go back to games, but still, I gotta wonder.

Thank you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.