A question about the kinect for the Xbox One?

Hi I'm Tim and I have Cerebral Palsy -CP- (Spelled wrong sorry) (I walk with crutches) and I have a small room and my TV is pretty close to me soo my question is will the new Kinect be ok for me in my room and I sit on my recliner chair alot so I can't stand for a long time. Did MS find a way for us handicapped people to use this kinect. I borrowed my brother's 360's kinect and it didn't work because i was to close but voice thing worked great! So will the Kinect 2.0 work for me?? Thanks for your time!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey Tim, from what i have read and the videos i have seen the new Kinect can work from VERY close to the actual sensor. In a few videos the person on the screen is only a few feet away from the actual kinect so i think it should work fine (i am not 100% sure though). It will also depend on what you mean by "pretty close" Happy gaming sorry if i didnt help much.

I have absolutely no idea whether the Kinnect 2 will be calibrated or can be calibrated for somebody with your medical condition, or others who are not able to stand for very long. I would hope Microsoft will have taken this into consideration. What I can tell you is that the Kinnect 2 is said to work in far smaller rooms than the previous Kinnect, and people are reporting it works within a far closer / wider field of vision so you can be right on top of it and it'll still pick up your movements. I know that's not 100% helpful, but hopefully it allays some of your concerns.

sorry for tthe repost i tried to delete the first one....HA HA

Thanks for your help guys! I can't wait for XBOX ONE

Yea Tim! i cant wait either... the days go so slow when looking foward to something. I will probably be glued to the controller for quite a few days after launch haha! Hope to see you on X1 one day! happy gaming bro, enjoy!

@KoBra Feel free to send me a friend request or add me come Nov.22!!

Definitely! what games are you interested in? I am getting COD, DR3 and i cannot decide between AC4, or watchdogs as my 3rd on launch day.

AC and Watch dogs and any cool game that comes our way!!

there is a ton of amazing games coming, Nov 22nd needs to come already lol.

Microsoft did state it works at 3 meters