A question about SKYRIM.

Okay, to keep it brief, the only RPG I have ever liked is Fable 2, with Fallout 3 being one of the worst games I have ever played.

With that said, if I bought it, would I manage to get any enjoyment out of SKYRIM?

I mean, I like the whole exploring and choosing what quests to do kinda aspects, but I don't like grinding levels and being attacked by higher level things than me repeatedly.

SKYRIM looks pretty decent, but for someone like me, would buying the game be worth it? Would it be too difficult? Would I enjoy it?

Any insight from anyone who has played any Elder Scrolls game or 360 RPG would be welcome!

Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Personally i preferred Oblivion to Fallout. I dont think it would be difficult. Even if it is you can always come back to an area better equipped or when you reach a higher level later on . Also if its like the old Oblivion you can just adjust the difficulty in game if you get to a really tricky area & cant proceed.

I dont wont to insult Fable 2 as i enjoyed it but there really isnt a comparison. Fable = West Bromwich Albion (no offense west brom fans) Elder Scrolls = Barcelona!

im in the same sort of boat only other rpg game i have played are mass effect and i like that,so i have managed to get a rental copy coming from lovefilm tomorow and if i like it by tomorow night i shall go out and buy it saturday as this looks like a very long game and it be silly to keep hold of it for months on end as i might as well buy it,so if in doubt rent it first and see if you like it or not.

Fallout 3 bad? Was you on drugs?

Can I use guns?

If you didn't like Fallout 3 I doubt you will like Skyrim... although I HATED Fallout 3 and enjoyed Fallout: New Vegas quite a lot...!

Thanks for the replies guys. In all honesty, I am looking for a game to give all of my attention to. Battlefield 3 is only good in bursts, Modern Warfare 3 online is disappointing and forgettable, and you can only do so much on FIFA. With that said, I might buy SKYRIM in a few weeks and see how it goes.

[quote user="iAshHD"]

Thanks for the replies guys. In all honesty, I am looking for a game to give all of my attention to. Battlefield 3 is only good in bursts, Modern Warfare 3 online is disappointing and forgettable, and you can only do so much on FIFA. With that said, I might buy SKYRIM in a few weeks and see how it goes.

[/quote]Looking at what you've said previously, i'd say go for it.

The only other RPG that i've loved is the Mass Effect games, i tried both the Fallout games and they ended up boring me, i just couldn't get fully into them. Started playing Skyrim last night about 7 and come off at 1, it felt like i'd been playing for an hour tops! Woke up this morning and wanted to get straight back on it, unfortunatly i've had to come to work, but i've booked monday off and cant see myself doing anything alse all weekend.

Fantastic game and i'd say to anyone to give it a go, its tottaly blew me away, better than i ever thort it would be!

[quote user="iAshHD"]

Okay, to keep it brief, the only RPG I have ever liked is Fable 2, with Fallout 3 being one of the worst games I have ever played.

With that said, if I bought it, would I manage to get any enjoyment out of SKYRIM?

[/quote]

"Morrowind: Game Of The Year Edition" - I didn't know much about it.  Got home and put it in the original XBox.  A little bit later I wondered what time it was?  It was 3:30 in the morning.  I'd been gaming for 9 and a half hours and simply not noticed.

Absolutely amazing game.  One of the greatest ever made.  The game was so amazing that I bought a 360 the day "Oblivion" came out.  Not dissapointed either.  Another awesome game.  I thought I'd spent a lot of time on "Morrowind".  I've spent over 1000 hours in "Oblivion" and I still have stuff to see and do.

"Fallout 3" did not suck me in the same way "Morrowind" and "Oblivion" did but to call "Fallout 3" "Oblivion - with guns" betrays an ignorance of both games.

"Skyrim" is the latest in the "Elder Scrolls" series which is Bethesda's "baby".

If they have taken some stuff from "Fallout 3" to stick in "Skyrim" it should only be the best bits.

This should be an amazing game based on the strength of previous offerings.

Az

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

If they have taken some stuff from "Fallout 3" to stick in "Skyrim" it should only be the best bits.

This should be an amazing game based on the strength of previous offerings.

Az

[/quote]The only think i've noticed so far thats the same is the lock picking

Im in the same boat as the OP. I think i will pick it up eventually but i still need to finish Enchanted Arms before starting another RPG and i dont think Skyrim will ba a game i will have finished before ME3 comes out.