A question about Recovering Gamertags

Ok, so I really need help. A few months ago I went to a friends house and I tried to recover my gamertag. As it was loading to recover it, my friend said it took too long and canceled the gamertag recovery. However, my profile and gamertag still exist on his Xbox console. Last time I checked, you had to type in your password to access the XBL profile and it said on his xbox that the recovery was unsuccessful. But I'm worrying right now because he might be able to access my account right now. And I don't want him to go on my profile or make purchases or things like that. My friend is moving soon, and he might or already have sell/sold his xbox. HELP!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Ok, there are a couple things you could do if you recover your account to your console he will not be able to access your gamertag anymore. or if you are not able to do that you can delete your account from his console or ask him to delete your account from his console and then he won't be able to access it anymore. If you need assistance please see the link below.

support.xbox.com/.../gamer-profile

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would also suggest putting your tag on a usb stick to make things a lot easier for you in the future.

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree, USB is the way to go.

Sorry this didn't help.