A Plea For An Official Announcement About All The Hacking

Like countless 1000's of others, my account was hacked and the whole fifa purchases were made on my account.  Being a loyal xbox live subscriber for 5 years, I assumed a simple telephone call would get my points refunded in a matter of a day or two.  When I heard it would take up to 25 business days for the matter to resolve itself, I was quite shocked.  The girl on the phone wasn't really sympathetic at first, asking me if I wanted to proceed with a case.  18,000 points of mine were spent in a matter of sixteen hours, of course I'm not going to take a loss on $225 dollars worth of points.  These were points I legally had redeemed a few days earlier from five 4000 point cards.  Luckily the credit card I had on my account was cancelled so it couldn't be used.  On top of that, I was given a story by the agent on the phone saying how kids use their parents credit cards, etc...This obviously wasn't the case.  The fact I had to spend 90 minutes on the phone for this is also crazy to me.  It wasn't that complicated of a situation, I wasn't the first person to be hacked, nor the last I'm sure.

This is not a simple case of I gave my pass/user name out, or I played some kind of beta.  In wake of the PSN hacking scandal, I believe we are all owed an explanation on what had happened and how the problem is going to be resolved in the future.  I've read as far back as june the same thing happening to people.  Why does microsoft allow a company like EA to force you to sign up for another user name if you want to play online?  Why wasn't anything done back when this first started?  

I don't want a phone # given to me to contact support, I want and I'm sure everybody else wants an official explanation and for this to not be swept under the rug like it seems to be.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I'm not saying it was your fault but I would strongly suggest you check out this page to ensure it doesn't happen again or to learn a few tips and tricks on keeping your account safe:

www.xbox.com/.../Account-Security

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm more intrigued to know why so many people chose to use the same password for their EA & XBL accounts and are now pointing the finger of blame elsewhere for their stupidity.

Sorry this didn't help.

Read my post my freind had fifa 12 for 3 hrs before his account was hacked he even uses a diffrent email address and password for EA than his xbox live account so whats happening ? xboxlive security issues maybe ?

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree.. I think it is time something was said by MS in regards to the accounts being compromised. This i a bigger problem and more widespread than reported on this forum. Don't use "Bing", use google and search. Check out facebook also.

Accounts are getting compromised that have nothing to do with EA. Seems that fifa shows up in the users game list whether they own the game or not or have ever visited the EA servers.

You also read posts in which the "investigation" is taking much longer than usual.. Could it be that the MS investigation staff is overwhelmed?

I'm not ranting or complaining.. Just saying that MS needs to chime in and state what they think the cause of the problem may be.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not just FIFA either my account was stolen and migrated to Russia for the hacker to play Black-Ops and Mortal Kombat.  At this time there is no way to migrated the account back thus I am losing all the DLC, saves, arcade games I have bought over the past couple of years.

Sorry this didn't help.

I got my account hacked, but froze my account before the perps were able to use. *** bought 10,000 MP with my CC.

Sorry this didn't help.

damn it, it happen to me too. Spend off the existing points but i m unsure about my CC

Sorry this didn't help.

Too all those who have had their accounts hacked or accessed by unauthorized means.

While for some of you, the access may have been via means of a easily guessable password or secret passphrase answer -- realize you are no longer safe.  You are a victim of ID theft.

Whatever legitimate information was displayable via your account profile (Name, Address, Telephone, e-mail, last 4 # of ccard(s), billing history. etc) are now in the hands of someone other than yourself.

With this information in hand, a 'profile' of you can be formed by simply googling the internet.  They can call your credit card companies (they don't need to know which one, just call them all) and in most cases enter the last four digits of your ccard number with ZIP code -- which they now have -- to acquire basic information on your last purchases, like your "cable and internet" and then use this information to bypass security checks at two major ISPs who, if you don't have a social security number, will ask you for last bill amount and date as proof.  They can then reset your ISP e-mail addresses.  With this they can acquire your billing information, history and increase the 'profile' on you.  The can contact Netflix and engineer a reset of your password using only your name, address and e-mail address.

As a 'profile' is built on you, it makes it all the easier for these individuals to hack you again NO MATTER how many times you change your secret passphrase, password, etc.  No system secured by such means is ever invulnerable.

Be less concerned with your WLID or XBOX account and your points lost and more with your private information.  Advised to cancel your credit cards, put on fraud alerts; put fake information on your WLID and other public profiles; and consider changing your phone number.  Short of moving and changing addresses, you've been had!

Sorry this didn't help.