A new Xbox One announcement in 2 weeks?

I was listening to Major Nelson's podcast from Friday where he had an interview with Phil Spencer and he mentioned "something very cool" to be announced in 2 weeks! you can listen here at 29min into the podcast.

http://majornelson.com/cast/2013/09/13/mnr-491-tgs-and-xbox-one-tour-road-to-launch/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If it is as cool and as big an announcement as Halo 5 being called Halo 5 I'd not hold my breath. lol. Genuinely I think if they have anything major to announce they'll do so this week at TGS. Maybe some Japanese market specific games and services, that might make it to the west. I think they've both laid their cards on the table pretty much for the launch window now. All we are waiting to see are the commercials.

near 29th Sept hey? I wonder if its a NDA reveal? one can hope !!

TGS isn't that big for Xbox1. Eurogamer in 2 weeks is where it will happen. AMD reveals their chip Sept 25th, which means the NDA should then be lifted for both Sony & MS. Phil Harrison to speak in a Live Broadcast on Sept 26th. 3rd party games will also be played on actual unit They will be able to go into more detail about the design and how it all works. So no, they have both not laid out their cards.

"Something very Cool".......Could it be much more vague? That s what can be called baiting the hook, or carrot on a string tactic. Nothing more.

-

I would hope there are some good announcements made at TGS this week.

The announcement in 2 weeks is when we will finally see exactly what the X1 is made of. The NDA does not allow them to reveal what is actually under the hood. Hopefully we will get to see what exactly is running this beast.

Then why don't they come outright and say..."(Insert Date)we will disclose the innards of the X!???"

-

Take head, stick in sand, and hope for the best.

yawn, every time they say something cool, it's like "A Refrigerator is cool", ok thanks Microsoft for stating things that are cool.

well....it served it's purpose....it's got people wondering.  But, I always feel if you are going to do that, you better damn well have something that is indeed......"VERY COOL".

Maybe you're right Dark Destiny, but Phil seemed excited by it!

Maybe they're buying Sony and all the Sony fanboys will not get a PS4 and will have to buy a Wii U or XB1, haha.

Imagine the fanboys dissapointed