A million pirates cried out at once and were suddenly silenced (by XGD3)

Not only have Microsoft been hitting pirates with console bans in recent days but the poor little darlings have been hit again with the revelation that Driver: San Francisco is the first game to use the new XGD3 disc set-up.

XGD3 if you didn't know is a method where they've managed to squeeze in about another 1gb of usable space on the dual-layer discs that 360 games come on.

This has also had the effect that the games can't be read by modded console firmware.

I know this wont put off the die-hard pirates but hopefully all the recent events will put of most of the 'casuals' off. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Good news indeed.

But I actually thought they had been using the XGD3 discs since after Halo: Reach came out.

Reach itself wasn't XGD3 at retail. It was just the game they sent out on the new set-up to beta testers.

Driver: SF is the first retail game to use XGD3. 

This is very good news :)

Good news indeed! ^_^

Good to hear!

Where did ya find this news vote?

The type of sites the news is on are not sites Microsoft would be pleased for me to mention on this forum.

That is both reassuring & comical at the same time! Like you said vote, if at least puts the casuals off it'll be a good thing. But we all know: where there's the will, there's a way but hopefully it'll drastically slow down their efforts.

Have a cookie for the cheeky dubious source, & have a pint for the SW reference!

Its about time all these little cheap fools started to buy real games.

Now all they need to do is find away to ban them cheap skate renters.

Yes because people who rent are the criminals in video gaming, you must be a troll to make outlandish comments such as that.