A little irrealevent to the topic, but I just got the new Halo 4 xbox and it won't let me connect it via HDMI cable. Please help

I insert the cord in both tv and xbox and I get a "Invalid format" on the TV. I've searched through numorous pages online and none seem to have helped. One stated to change the HD settings, but it won't let me access HD setting without the HDMI cord in. I also removed the coating on the AV wire to have both HDMI and AV cable in simoultaniously, but after i insert the HDMI wire, the screen goes blank.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there o Holographic o! Can you tell us what brand/model television you're currently set up with? Are you able to try an alternate HDMI cable? Or try an AV set up just to test the connection? Let us know!

Since this is a question about the console, and not the game itself I'm going to move this thread to forum 04 - Using my console! Hope that's ok :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, the first thing to do is to only have the HDMI cable or A/V cable connected, having both connected at the same time isn't a good thing to do.

-

Could you try resetting the display settings on the console please with the HDMI cable only connected.

Make sure there is no disc in the console drive.

Power on the console using the guide button on your wireless controller

As the console boots up press and hold Y and the right trigger ( the support website now states to hold X and the right trigger so if holding Y and the right trigger doesn't work then please try X and the right trigger )

Keep the buttons pressed until the console reboots itself

-

The display settings will be reset, does this help you at all?

Broccoli, tiny trees of green goodness.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.