A little bit (rather VERY) frustrated

So here is the story,

My Xbox Live account was compromised in mid June. When I first noticed my account was hi-jacked I immediately called customer support to submit an Unauthorized Accessed ticket. I was assured by the CSR on the other end of the phone that this would be taken care of in a timely manner and that my credit cards associated with my account would be removed plus reimbursed for the purchased made with my Microsoft Points that I did not spend. 

One month goes by and I hear nothing. But wait, I get a phone call from Microsoft later asking me for all of the original information I gave and the ticket being reopened. I even provided an e-mail address that was in no way associated with my Live account. 

I start to think, "Awesome, they at least will hopefully get it taken care of now!" Nope. About another month passes before I call back trying to figure out what was going on. I come to find out the other CSM made a typo in the contact e-mail that would receive account reset and recovery instructions. So I have been without my XBL account for about 2 months by this point. 

Well, today I finally received the reset and recovery e-mail. I am also informed that the investigation team has decided that I will NOT be reimbursed for the Microsoft Points that were used (which were in no way used by me) and that there is apparently NOTHING I can do about it. I talk to other CSMs and they give me the same story of their hands being tied and I am just out of luck on the around 5K points I never got to use (even though I can tell EXACTLY the last item purchased by me wit h the points). And the kicked is, I check and one of my credit cards is still on the account and was never removed/locked. Not only that, but I have two $19.99 charges made on 8/01/11 well after I reported the account as compromised and asked the cards to be removed.

After this I am informed that, once again, there is nothing they can do and all decisions are final. And I MIGHT be able to dispute the $40 worth of additional charges directly through my credit card company, but that is the only way. All I was provided with was a token for 1 month of XBL.

Hopefully you can understand my frustration that I am basically being told I am out the $40 that was charged to me, the around 5K worth is MS points, and no, there is not a single person I can talk contact to get the issue resolved. I have been a paying XBL Gold member for about 4 years straight now and this occurred after I redeemed a 12 month subscription card in February. Is this really the standard for customer support for loyal and paying customers? 

I apologize for the rant, but this is the last place I can hope to plead my case for some kind of meaningful response.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Man my story i posted on here is similar my account wasn't hacked or anything but i always call and ask to have my credit cards removed and for them to stop auto-renew but it still happens anyways and the cards are still on there!!! 8 months ive dealt with this and all i get is a stupid one month token also hahaha worthless!! Anyway i guess what we should take away from this is loyal paying customers get the same treatment as day one customers do and that treatment is classic M$ which is worthless and exhausting to go through

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.