A Hacker in MW3

Hi I was sent here from Xbox support chat so I can report a gamer hacker that I video recorded so this person can get banned. The person's namertag is [Mod Removed] In the game MW3 she was floating in mid air invisible, going through walls, and all you could see was just her namertag. If you shot her she would not die.  Then once she was killing everyone in her kill cam you could see that she wasn't invisible but in everyone else's screens she was . She was saying that it didn't matter if she was banned from Xbox live, because she had another Ip address so she would just use the other one or her friend's account, especially [Mod Removed] account. I will upload the videos to YouTube and paste the  links so you can see what she was doing.(Xbox support chat told me to do this) In her camera view she can see herself but when you are face to face with her you cant see her. she was also at the bottom of the well in Seatown alive in MW3.

[Mod Removed]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there Malicious Alba :)

What you will need to do is 'File a Complaint'. This will send a report off to the PET (Enforcement Team) whom will review the complaint and take any action necessary once they reach a conclusion.

Further more, you will want to go ahead and Block, Mute and Avoid this player, in this order:

1: Avoid the player

2: Mute the player

3: Block the player

This will prevent any further communication and make it very less likely that you are placed in an online game with them again. You can find a guide on how to Block, Mute and Avoid players, HERE.

Please note: Its against the forum rules to name and shame here, regardless of a players convictions.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

[quote user="StingyOhio53"]how does the name and shame policy help the gamer whose experience was ruined?[/quote]I was in a game of Black Ops 2 when StingyOhio53 started sending me dirty sexual messages. Please ban him.

You and I would know that is a lie but how would anyone on the forum?

I know it is a shocker but not everyone who posts on the forum is telling the truth. 

what do you expect it is after all COD lol

how does the name and shame policy help the gamer whose experience was ruined?

sounds like its only beneficial to the cheater?.....this whole avoid, mute, block sounds alot like "hear no evil, see no evil"

how does this stop that cheater from ruining someone elses game experience?

so much fail in this customer support response....when is xbox live gonna start protecting the gaming community.....its like living in a bad neighborhood and being told "well you know better than to be outside that late"  by the cops

do the complaint buttons even do anything?....nobody even knows....the users who pay for your service every month cant even enjoy the confidence that the time they take out to notify you about wrongdoings in your own service will actually be acknowledged...

Xbox Live needs to drop the hammer down....and publicize it often...champion xbox live as a no nonsense safe place for gamers to play

grow some cajones

[quote user="StingyOhio53"]

hey bluntman...focus on the message...not the messenger

[/quote]

But if the messenger is untrustworthy, how can you trust the message?

And again, it takes TIME! Lets say it takes 30 mins for a modder to be investigated. But there are 500 modding reports a day, a good number of them will actually be FALSE reports. The system works. It has for YEARS. They have improved the system a few times over those years. Getting "creative" has nothing to do with it, it comes down to simple man hours, and the Enforcement team employs a LOT of people. Rarely is someone who hasnt modded gets banned, and THAT is why the take their time... To get it right.

Support was wrong to send you here,report this person on your console.

simply saying "this is how it is" is not a good enough answer....enforcement might be there but it is seen as severly lacking by the consumers who use the service..

[/quote]

That is your opinion. I dont see the enforcement as lacking, and you will find many on these forums that will also agree with me. Just head over to the account suspension/ban boards and see how many people per day are ban and suspended, it is a lot.

Word on the street is that Justin Beiber sucks....But he is still selling records like there is no tomorrow. "Word on the street means nothing" if you market those cookies to those who WANT them.

And if you think it is bad on Xbox Live, go over to PSN...where they have no real enforcement team.

grow some cajones

[/quote]

All this coming from the newly created silver account... To afraid to post on your real account?

And it takes TIME to investigate a modder. The Enforcement team gets thousands of reports a day, ALL have to be investigated. Just because you dont see immediate action, doesnt mean they are not doing their jobs.  And the "name and shame" policy is in place to PROTECT those that might be INNOCENT. Some random persons claim is NOT enough for MS to go on.

hey bluntman...focus on the message...not the messenger

if the enforcement team is overwhelmed by reports and stuck in lengthy investigations....thats microsofts problem

they need to re-evaluate how they handle reports....and how they handle investigations its a bussiness word called scalability

im sure some Microsoft exec has heard that word before.....if you cant handle demand the problem is your system or infrastructure....carrying on "as is" does nothing to fix the problem and it surely should not be accepted by people who pay for a service

as far as im aware there are no scientific limitations to how xbox live could handle its enforcement so instead of being bottlenecked they need to get creative....making excuses for them wont help the situation but only exasperate the problem

in other words..."get your ish together guys"

^^^,,,,Yep.