A Couple Questions

The first question, is there an option to safely remove a flash drive any more? If this is not the case why would they still have a "remove" option? It seems this lack of clarification would cause many users to inadvertently erase a lot of hard work. An extremely costly oversight, not on our part since these devices should be user friendly. (AKA idiot proof) The second question, why am I only able to view one "flash" video using the browser? For example, watch a youtube video, then move onto another but it never loads. Why?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="dreamkruiser"]

The first question, is there an option to safely remove a flash drive any more? If this is not the case why would they still have a "remove" option? It seems this lack of clarification would cause many users to inadvertently erase a lot of hard work. An extremely costly oversight, not on our part since these devices should be user friendly. (AKA idiot proof)

[/quote]

No there is no option to safely remove the flash drive

[quote user="dreamkruiser"]

The second question, why am I only able to view one "flash" video using the browser? For example, watch a youtube video, then move onto another but it never loads. Why?

[/quote]

Not sure about that problem, i think it is a bug in the youtube app. Have you tried to clear your cache memory?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

By browser you mean Internet Explorer?  If so, you can't watch flash content at all, its not supported, only html5, which I believe YouTube supports.  And best way to safely remove a usb device is to shut off your console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Does your usb drive have a flashing light on it?

I always finish my copying/backing up, back out to the main dash and then wait for the red light on the USB to stop flashing. Then I remove it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree with Killswitch, after moving my files and back-ups, I always shut down the console and then remove the USB storage. Never had a single issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've never had an issue and I use small keychain flash drives and external HD.  I don't want stuff fluttering my xbox hd that I don't frequently use...  I've never had a problem.  The safe remove option is more for when your inserting and removing flash drives while power is on like pc and laptops.

Sorry this didn't help.

to answer your first question:to remove your usb flash drives from your xbox 360.you should always have your xbox 360 turned off to avoid coruption of files on the flash drive there is not a safely remove flash drive option on the xbox 360 as on the pc.To answer your secound qustion you have to make sure you configure your flash drive to xbox 360 standards.and when this is done it will show up in the storage list of storage devices.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well just for clarification, I was using the IE app, not YouTube. I have been attempting to watch videos on Ted.com but have only ever been able to watch one video every couple of days. If there were just a Ted app like all other forms of media I wouldn't have an issue. Any ideas how to get it to work more smooth? Also, we can forget about the USB thing, it was more of a statement slash complaint.

Sorry this didn't help.

The IE app can't play flash based videos. That's likely your issue, as many sites still use that format.

Sorry this didn't help.

Not helping... if this site uses flash video then why can I view even one video? if it uses a program other than flash, why is this an issue. someone with this experience needs to comment and help me out. please keep the info relevant and use deduction to formulate a proper response

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry, if facts aren't good enough for you, that's your choice.

Why you can watch one video is unknown.

FACT: The IE app on the Xbox DOES NOT support flash. To watch videos, you need to find sites with videos supported in html5 format, or that have mobile versions of the site.

There is no other work around on this. If you really wish to use a specific site, you need to plead with that site for them to change their formats.

Sorry this didn't help.