A Certain Cheater

There's a certain cheater (which I shall not name) who has been cheating in a game I play for a long time. I've reported him many times for his negative actions, but he's never (appeared to be) banned. Now it really bothers me because he has now achieved the number one spot on the leader boards.I've heard that the cheaters in the game often bypass bans, but it has shocked me that this cheater has gotten away with it for so long. What can I or Xbox Live do about it?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

[quote user="NanoBladeSeed"]There's a certain cheater (which I shall not name) who has been cheating in a game I play for a long time. I've reported him many times for his negative actions, but he's never (appeared to be) banned. Now it really bothers me because he has now achieved the number one spot on the leader boards.I've heard that the cheaters in the game often bypass bans, but it has shocked me that this cheater has gotten away with it for so long. What can I or Xbox Live do about it?

[/quote]The only recourse is to file a complaint against them via your console.  That is the ONLY place where the Policy Enforcement Team will receive and investigate complaints.

[quote user="NanoBladeSeed"] I've reported him many times.

[/quote]

To the best of my knowledge you can only report him once. The reporting system will only acknowledge the first complaint you file  and the second plus will be ignored unless it is from other players.  

Well, THAT is good to know. I usually report a cheater 5-6 times in a row. Now I know that I am just wasting my time. Oh wait....even the first complaint is a waste of time, because nothing happens.

Really?.Maybe you should look here forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx  The majority of people posting were caught as a result of a complaint being filed against them.

@Daft Badger -

I am not exaggerating when I say that I have reported one particular person over 100 times for CLEARLY violating the Code of Conduct (the person is stalking/harassing me). He is still on, still doing it. I have filed complaints, chatted with Xbox reps online, spoken with them on the phone, contacted the actual game development company (since it happens on their servers) and have even contacted the head of Xbox Live. All of which have gotten no results, just a lot of runaround.

I'm not saying that I don't believe you, I'm just saying that it isn't always so.

It works I got a thankyou report a month ago for reporting a player. It just takes them time to review through all the complaints they get. they will get to it eventually. If they find the evidence that the individual is doing something against the code of contact they will take the appropriate action and ban them.

Go to the BBB website and file a report for customer neglegence on the company of Xbox that way it is seen by people above a tier 3 pay grade and they may actually do something for you to stop this problem