A catalogue of issues :-(

I'm really frustrated due to a number of issues with my xbox one. If anyone could provide assistance/answers I'd be uber grateful! Nearly packed the thing up yesterday... I've factory reset and hard rebooted but nah, still the same. 1. Can't set up anything to do with my avatar, gamer pic etc. All unavailable and I'm told to come back later. This has been the same since Friday. 2. Videos and app images do not show on my home screen or any screen. No graphics whatsoever. 3. Videos such as the welcome video do not play and either show an error or do nothing. 4. Playing BF4 I keep getting dropped into the main menu 5. BF4 starts up at random moments when Im doing something else Install times are really looooooong as well but I can cope with that ha ha!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Given these issues have persisted after you've rebooted the hard drive and did a factory reset, I'd assume it's some kind of processing issue and needs a repair. support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Wouldn't I be better off returning it for a replacement?

Sorry this didn't help.

i wouldn't let them repair it its a brand new console I would demand a replacement

Sorry this didn't help.

What this sounds like is connectivity issues with your internet provider and network. You will need to allow permissions from your (assuming you have a router) mfg router. basically log on to the router administration page and adjust the permissions to send/receive from the correct ports.  This is most likely the case if youo are using a router and or wireless network.  A weka wireless signal strength will also affect your communication and time out with the server.

Also if your having any static/pixel or flahing screens then you have an HDMI signal strength issue. The fix is ensuring your cable/sat signal is strong and I replaced the stock HDMI cabe that came with my XBOX as well.

Sorry this didn't help.