A big thank you!

Just a massive thank you for making units that completely die and become useless. I cant even remember what number of xbox's im on now but having a gaming console that don't/won't read game discs is a kick in the teeth.

With everything basically turning to pay to play now this is just unacceptable. Is it not good enough to sell a reliable console? We have families struggling enough as it is and an xbox for their children that dies from ridiculous causes like "open tray" is such a shame.  

What's the Microsoft way of thinking, "If its that important they'll buy another one"?

I'm not angry that my xbox is dead, It's not suprising at all as i've encountered this far too much but It made me think about the people that cant afford to buy xbox's all the time. A new game every few months is a treat to them!. 

Don't worry about providing a solution for me I can assure you, I've already tried "cleaning the disc".

Oh and for what its worth, I bought 2 movies that didnt even play from zune, I didnt get all my "reward" points and my wireless headset died within a day... 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I'm on 9.  I bought a slim to go with the still working number 10 in the living room.  So I have two working players.  I tried to send in number 9 when it died but was told I had, "Too many consoles registered to honor warranty."   So number 9 is sitting on my book shelf gathering dust.  I have no idea what to do with it.  I thought about paying the $100 bucks and shipping then donating it, but eh.  So if anyone has any ideas on a cool use for an old Xbox I am all ears.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Contact Phone Support and set up a repair. That is what warranties are in place for. US/Canada 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

Sorry this didn't help.

You mad bro?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello there Aaron B711, I'm sorry to hear about your trials. We are more than happy to try to help you out though! if you would like our support please let us know. Also, let us know if you've seen any error messages for any of the issues you've mentioned? Let us know the solutions you've tried as of course we don't want to ask you to repeat any basic steps you've already tried. If you would like help with those missing Rewards points I'm sure the Rewards team would be happy to assist as well, you can find them in Forum 14! :)

Sorry this didn't help.