$99 or $459

Console is dead, decided on a repair until I saw the ad for a $99 console.  But it reads like you have to buy 24 months of Live at $14.99!  Already have a sub so I don't care about that...did I miss something?  Cause this does not sound like a deal...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Math says;

• Xbox 360 with 250Gb HDD = $299.99 +
  • 2 Years of Xbox Live for $120 (at $59 a year) =

$419 vs $459 for the 2 Year Plan Xbox 360. Yes, it's $40 more for the convenience of not having $419 available in one trip to the store. Roughly, give or take a buck here and there...

2 years is $70.00 if you look for sales,  $35.00 a year.  amazon has it $35.00 right now

$459 vs $369

It's not a deal, it's a payment plan.

You can get a holiday bundle package for $279 right now.

www.gohastings.com/.../product.jsp

or find a decent used one off ebay or craigslist.

[quote user="NYJets1968"]2 years is $70.00 if you look for sales,[/quote]Eh, you can say that, but the vocal minority who rail against Live fees don't think that way.[quote user="jhill625"]or find a decent used one off ebay or craigslist.[/quote]It is generally considered to be a bad idea to buy a used 360.

[quote user="jhill625"]

or find a decent used one off ebay or craigslist.

[/quote]

Many used Xbox's have been permanently banned from Xbox Live, so that is a really bad idea. 

So, in reality, you can't acutally buy the console for $99 unless you pay the $14.99 PER MONTH (yes that is what it says) for Live?

[quote user="RED SHIFT1"]So, in reality, you can't acutally buy the console for $99 unless you pay the $14.99 PER MONTH (yes that is what it says) for Live?[/quote]One can, but when one stops paying the $14.99/mo for Live the console is deactivated. At least two people have posted on the forums about buying consoles new via eBay, only to find that their consoles stopped working a month later. They were scammed by people who bought the $99 console in a store, then resold it on eBay for less than the stand-alone console pricing.

It's just like TiVo. If one's TiVo is on a month to month subscription, failing to renew the subscription renders virtually all functionaly disabled.

It's a bad idea to buy a used console. It's a bad idea to buy a new console from somewhere other than a trusted reseller.

If it were me.  I'd go with this: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-250GB-Holiday-Value-Bundle/dp/B0096KEMUY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1360023943&sr=8-3&keywords=xbox+360+console

I know it's not $99 but for $274 and you get 2 games (gold not included), is a great deal for anyone looking to get a console. 

your total over two years, including the $99 is actually closer to $460

if you buy live time online with other websites and just pay cash for the console, you're going to pay MUCH less