8015D002 error code

Had this issue yesterday for the first time. Found a very useful process for deleting my profile and reloading it. That worked fine and I no longer have the email / password issue. However, after completing that, I was unable to play Modern Warfare 3 because the game said my profile was not authorized to play on Xbox live. I had a Gold membership but now my profile showed Silver - Free membership. I talked on-line w/ an Ambassador about the problem and he/she informed me that the server was down and that was why I had a problem yesterday w/ my email / password and why today I cannot play on-line. There was not estimate as to when it would be up and running again. Not sure if this is correct but that's what the Ambassador told me......

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Greetings BAZINGA70!

Your profile is currently showing as a Silver - Free membership just like you said. To be able to play games in multiplayer you'll need a Gold membership. A server being down has nothing to do with your issue.

I would recommend that you reach out to an official support agent which can then assist you further on this matter.

Contact Xbox LIVE support 

Good luck! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the information and I had the same feeling about the membership. I'm in the "que" right now hoping to talk to someone in tech support and will update this post once I wrap up with them.

Sorry this didn't help.

I spy with my little eye for any update ;)

Sorry this didn't help.