80151011: Sorry, XBox Live profiles can't be downloaded right now. Try again later.

I have been dealing with at least 2 critical account related issues on my XBox 360.

First, I kept encountering 80048821 whenever I turned on my XB (which told me either my profile's e-mail was not associated with a Live account or my password was incorrect -- both of which are false since I logged in just fine a hundred times before and I can log into this website). I tried many things to resolve this problem -- resetting my password on the account.live.com, adding proofs to my account, clearing cache, deleting and re-downloading my profile -- I did this many, many times to no avail.

I gave up for about a week and tried retrying all this, this weekend. I was still getting the same issue this morning, so I reset my password, cleared cache and deleted my profile... and now I'm getting an even worse problem!

What is that problem? I can't even download my profile now. When I attempt to do so, I enter my e-mail/pass info, Live starts to DL my profile, then stops about 10% of the way through and tells me the following:

Sorry, XBox Live profiles can't be downloaded right now. Try again later.

I haven't been able to connect to Live in 2+ weeks now. Can someone help me fix this problem? I hope when I fix this, I don't start getting 80048821 again.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

0) If any of these steps to do on a PC or Mac shows you a message about a Blocked Account, please follow the onscreen instructions to Unblock it.

1) Go to http://account.live.com and sign in then go to Edit Security Info. Is all data there up to date? (If not, please update it).

2) Go to http://xbox.com/accounts to click on Billing Contact Information at low left and sign in. Is all data there up to date? (If not, please update it).

3) Go to http://commerce.microsoft.com and sign in then review the payment info. If there's an out-of-date card or PayPal account, please add a new payment method then delete the old one.

4) Back to the console; can you sign in there now?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks. I looked into #2 and #3 (I hadn't tried that previously) and found that my billing info was out of date. Come to think of it, these problems only started occurring a few days after I made my first purchase on XBL after I had moved to a new address.

I went back to my XB, cleared cache again, reset, then tried re-downloading my profile. Unfortunately, still no luck... I am getting the same error message, but a different error code this time:

Sorry, XBox Live profiles can't be downloaded right now. Try again later.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just repeated the entire process again and was able to successfully re-download my profile. Better yet, I'm actually connected to XB Live this time around. It looks like the billing info was the root of the problem (I really wish MS had better messaging to communicate what the actual issue was). I'm going to try logging in again in a day or so, and if it still works, let's call this closed.

Thanks for your help, Vibroplex.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can, if the above info was helpful, click on the green happy face to show the problem was solved so we don't have to keep rechecking this thread.

Sorry this didn't help.