800704DC

Can't sign into Xbox live gold profile, when I attempt to sign it an error prompts saying there is a network connection error. I followed the steps several times and there is not a network issue because I can sign into other live gold profiles, so I attempted to download the profile and only got 20% and an error prompted saying Xbox can't download profiles error code 800704DC. I looked up the error code on Xbox support and the code doesn't exist. I contacted support 5 days ago and technical support(not an ambassador) could not help me and assured there was not billing issues with the profile or security issues. The fact is 6 days ago I was on the profile gamer tag jzizzle23 and the next day I couldn't sign in. It's a secondary account for playing split screen online with friends, I know there's no network issue because I can sign into another live gold profile. I attempted several "tricks" to fix the issue such as deleted cache, LB RB X LB RB X, downloading the profile on another system, can't download error code 800704DC. The Xbox with the profile on it was purchased via entertainment for all 99$ Xbox with 2 year gold membership 15$ a month. I've emailed Xbox support people who have helps me in the past to resolve issues and no response. A service alert was on Xbox support page the other day saying some profiles are having troubles redeeming or renewing memberships or codes so I thought that may have something to do with it but that service alert has been off the support page for a day now and I still can't download or sign in. The fact that Xbox support wasn't able to resolve this issue and that its been a full business week and nothing has been resolved leads me to believe that there is a much greater issue at hand. The fact that Xbox support assures that the issue is working on being resolved and tells me to be patient is a sign that nothing will be resolved and Xbox is providing faulty product. I've purchased a month subscription to Xbox live gold and cannot sign into gold and Xbox hasn't fixed this issue in 5 days? How can anyone program, build, design an Xbox not have the resources to resolve and fix an issue like this within a full business week is ridiculous. Be patient, well 5 days is patient enough, if you go to a restaurant and prepaid for your food and upon receiving your food and take a bite the restaurant grabs the food back out of your hands and tells you to be patient the issue is being worked on and will be resolved in time. How would you feel? A refund isn't asking enough at this point due to the time wasted and cell phone minutes wasted talking to support, in fact the full refund plus 800 Microsoft points for the inconvenience would be a start. Please email either [Mod Removed] or [Mod Removed] with any actual solutions to this issue. Please don't waste anymore of my time with links to any form of Xbox support because I've searched Xbox.com support for days now and have yet to find a solution that actually works. I'm not sure if the profile is corrupt in any way, it's not corrupt, this is a problem from Xbox's side and honestly you can't tell me that in the duration of one night my profile became corrupt just randomly, not possible from my end. Being a paying customer it's xbox's job to resolve the issue which they created, so if my profile is corrupt than its xbox's fault and job to uncorrupt the profile. Please help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

How long you have with entertainment for all pack ? This because you can try if can return console to store.

Also i can recommend you to have all information updated

Security proofs. See support.xbox.com/.../security-proofs

Update Billing information in xbox.com. Path My Account > Payment and Billing > Billing Contact Information. (For this need to have updated security proofs)

Then again try download profile.

Also verify with store email (MS Account) or Contact Support MS Account linked to your profile just to double check.

Hope it helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm wondering is this a new error code

Sorry this didn't help.

he xboxand membership days prior to release of black ops 2,all Microsoft accounts appears to be in order as well as a valid and updated card. It really was just random one night the account was split screening on xbox live black ops onine with my other xbox. I have the profile on 2 xbox's,the original xboxwhich was set up with the 99$ xboxdeal just before black ops 2 release. And downloaded onto my xboxwhich ive had 2 years now maybe. Anyway i play split screen on my xboxcuz i have the season pass for black ops 2 content on it so for 2 people to play online we just split screen so i didnt have to purchase season pass again for a seperate profile/xboxjust so we didnt have to split screen a few extra maps. So i turned and signed into xboxlive with my profile schmelz420 and started up black ops 2. I got to the zombies xboxlive mode and when the other controller signed into jzizzle23 profile it went to a troubleshoot screen for not being able to connect to xbox live. Checked connection and was good, signed back into profile schmelz420 but profile jzizzle23 wouldnt sign in and prompted a troubleshoot screen for not connecting to xboxlive. Followed instructions and made sure emails and profile and passwords were all okay abd they were. Then tried to download profile and after entering email and password i got 20% complete and error prompt screen said xboxcant download profiles Error code 800704CD and went to look it up on support didnt excist. Searched forums and had issues with no solutions dating as late as 2 years ago,not sure maybe 15 instances. Called support and they didnt have a clue so they got ahold of someone "higher pay grade" and walked me threw steps and what not. Nothing worked so he assured me that the issue is being worked on and gave me a month code for my inconvenience. Trouble is all progress for games is on that particular profile that is having issues and the code is worthless. A almost a week later and havent heard any response via email, as instructed i would. I mean to say the people at xbox support on the "high pay grade" or whatever cant figure this out in that amount of time? Charged for the month of gold membership and a week later boom randomly errors. After several months of working just fine and no changes to credit information or email or account info. And for the higher paid people to not have this fixed is ridiculous. Anyway in detail my 800704DC error code tail. Sorry for length but thought it would help get answers if their are any

Sorry this didn't help.

i would suggest a full power cycle and reboot of entire system also make sure the data transfer rate on modem ports are fast enough for xboxlive, lets me know how it goes.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ive been using xbox live gold for nearly 2 years on the internet service wireless modem, i can sign into other xbox live gold profiles via schmelz420, but as soon as i try to sign in with jzizzle23 there is a connection error prompt screen,  when i follow directions and try to download profile i get error code 800704DC.  

Wouldnt doing a power cycle or reboot of system cause me to loose profile and content as well as saved game data? I dont own a transfer cable or flashdrive for secondary storage, nor am i going to spend money in attempt to fix an issue or error in which xbox caused. Account and credit info is all in line and the month for gold was charged on my credit card, so one day everything worked and the next day im having these issues. The xbox is maybe 6a months old so its basicly new and if there is an issue with the xbox itself then xbox should be responsible for fixing this issue as im a paying customer and there is a defect with the product ive paid for.  No reason or explanation for this issue for a week as well as no fix.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also when checking service status online via mobile web, the profile says everything is up and running no issues. And when speaking with support they said that profile/ account info is in order on both my end of things as well as on cboxs end of things. I did nothing to cause the error/issue so at this point i feel that i shouldnt have to go onto my xbox and delete cache or try any tricks to solve the issue, ive done everything i can, if xbox cant fix or give an explanation for the error then they should give a full refund for the xbox and 6 months of gold membership fees along with dealing with this inconvenience. If i cant get back the save progress for any games is up to this point theni got ripped off completely.  Xbox should have fixed this by now ciz they are supposedly aware anr working on resolving but its unrealistic to believe itd take a full week without hearing anything back or any results. Infact refunds for the games themselves should be made as well.  Ive lost patients and am very frustrated

Sorry this didn't help.

We're you com form. If it the United States it could be different okay.

Sorry this didn't help.

United states, its whatever im gonna send it in and they can fix it. I shouldnt have to deal with something like this. There should be no reason why i after talking to support on phone that it isnt fixed by now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello all right? have you ever tried to regain his xbox live account? you already cleared the system cache? have you ever called your ISP and talk oseu problem? I was done with these problems and these solutions worked out in the end and sent swap moden + clear cache + system manually change the ip of my xbox 360 + download my profile and it worked and I'm back on xbox live

Sorry this didn't help.

Again the problem isnt my isp because i can sign into my profile schmelz420 on my xbox, i i can also sign into another gold profile which i created due to the issue to temporaraly play online with a 48 hour trial code.  So thats 2 profiles that signed in and could play online. But the profile jzizzle23 would not sign in and would say there is a connection issue. But since i could sign in and use other profiles i knew it wasnt the isp. Called xbox support and follerd their directions to delete profile from memory, profile only,  and clear storage cache 3 times and download the profile,  upon attempting to download profile it was 20% complete and then error code 800704DC saying xbox cant download profiles. Xbox support assured that the account informstion along with billing info was up to date and membership was renewed only a week before the issue.  Xbox support assured that the issue or error is working on being resolved but i dont understand what would take so long. And xbox support said they would keep me informed and here i sight clueless and unable to continue playing the games ive made great progress in and spent countless hours playing. Not cool, that's really all i can say

Sorry this didn't help.