720p or 1080p?

I'm looking to buy a new TV and Can not decide.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's a debatable position. Judge for yourself in which TV you like better and which one fits your pocketbook according to you. Generally speaking, it is difficult for the "average" person to spot the difference between 1080p and 720p on a HDTV smaller then 40". But again that's highly subjective.

Just shop around and judge for yourself.

I would say go for the 1080p, apparently the difference in gaming quality between 720p and 1080p is like comparing jumping off the roof on a bungalow and jumping off an office building its just mind blowing!!!

Personally I can tell the differents. My choice are 32" 720p or I'll have  to take a smaller screen to go to 1080p.

I have a 720p 50" plasma and I really cannot see a huge difference between mine and 1080p. Also my tv was around 600 bucks so I got a decent deal.

I have a 32" 720 and a 40" 1080. I can tell a huge difference. Then again one TV is a Sharp and the other smaller one is an Emerson. That could be the difference.

My Xbox hangs a lot when running at 1080, but not when running at 720.

Anybody knows why?

don't get a lg seriously...... I got the 3d lg TV and there is lag when gaming. takes about half a second to process the picture even on game mode. I am currently trying to take my TV back which is working out a bit of a pain......I ran LG and they said half a second lag is acceptable.....eeeerrrrr no it isn't

If your using it to just game on your xbox then you will only need a 720p hdtv.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

What LOL AT UR SKILL said. Most Xbox 360 games are 720 native resolution then upscaled to 1080. There's only a small handful, that you'll most likely not play, that are native 1080.

Regardless of whether your game is upscaled  or native 1080p, it still looks better on a 50 inch panel to me.  This is why I rarely buy any ps3 titles unless they're exclusives.