60GB to 320GB Transfer...

is this possible as may be picking up the Gears console and I've not seen anything "offical" from MS about it

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I assume it will be the same as before, one of the transfer kit things or a USB drive.

Well the assumption would be there that it's just the transfer cable but i don't want to spend 270 quid on the console and I can' t transfer..i know i could use a USB etc but i'm a lazy lazy man

I too shall be getting the Gears console. The transfer of all my old stuff is imperative.

Which is the quicker method? USB or transfer cable? I'm transferring from a 60GB console which is full.

Any idea?

I think the transfer cable method is fastest.

Thanks Fellermelad.   That was a quick reply 3 mins :)

Looks like I'll have to order that too!

[quote user="loopybooty"]

I too shall be getting the Gears console. The transfer of all my old stuff is imperative.

Which is the quicker method? USB or transfer cable? I'm transferring from a 60GB console which is full.

Any idea?

[/quote]

A/S/L?

no but seriously..that's the same scenario for me.... i've got about 745 Mass and Mass 2 saves so I want to just transfer all that and all my DLC and arcade games with ease and possibly trade in my console..sans the hard drive towards te gears console

The transfer cable should work.

Even if the Transfer doesn't kick in automatically like it should, you will be able to start it manually. Simply find the 60gb in System Settings, Memory and then press Y when it is highlighted.

ps. What is it with people choosing hard to read font colours today? 

Just to add I have a transfer cable free to good home if anyone needs it

So how would things work if you were wanting to trade your existing console in then?

Buy transfer cable... begin the process... then trade and complete the process?

Any Youtube Videos showing the Transfer Process in motion so you know what to expect?

Cheers,

Az

i was going to remove the hard drive and either trade it in without or get a cheap 20 gig one and shove it on...does the 60gb hard drive need to be attached to the old xbox still before i transfer or can i just hook the 60gb hard drive on its own up to the gears console say and transfer it that way