6000 gamerscore message.

It seems that a message is being sent over live, maybe in conjunction with Microsoft's birthday, that says only:

6000 (and then the MS points symbol)

This is surely a frauds' lure and is best ignored.  I got one today and reported the sender. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's the LIVE version of a chain letter.

-

Someone started the rumour that if you send the message to enough people that Microsoft will give you 6000 points because it is their 'birthday'.

-

A load of nonsense of course but just like chain letters some people take it seriously.

Someone really bright obviously started it. "Hmmm, I'll just send this text message that says 6000 M$ points and hope something comes of it." I mean really, what is the point?

6000 being an optimum amount for effect.  10000 would be too many and it looks low, 1000-4000 just wouldn't be worth it and 5000 is half :-D

Hackers on Xbox Live! Accounts has been hacked!

hi guys... I'm writing to you to warn you. If you get a message "6000 Msp Points" that means that sender has hacked that account! I asked my friends why he was sending strange messages to me and my people

Like voteDC said above its just a chainmail letter that someone started.

Just more crap people are willing to fall for.

Sub2ero 360: I thought it might be a phishing scam as well (not to be confused with hacks), but after hearing about this from multiple sources, it does not seem to be the case. In the event of phishing scams, the message will generally include a link to a site, usually masked to look like an official MS site, and trick the user into giving away Windows Live ID and password. From here, the accounts are compromised and the offenders log in and send the same bogus scam message to everyone on the Friends List of the compromised account.However, in these cases, it just seems to be the words, "6000" followed by the GS icon. There is no link or anything else that can be linked to compromising accounts. Sounds like a chain letter issue.

people are SOOOOOOO stupid if they think they can get 6000 points if they message another player, if you are dumb enough to spam your friends or recent players than you deserve to have your account hacked.

Damn i fell for it and so did my friends :( i got message from all my friends saying the 6000 MS point thing

then i asked my friend what was up with these messages he said i can get 6000 ms points if i message all my friends

Don't worry about it, people have been falling for greedy tricks since the inception of need.  If this is a chain letter, as it seems, and it becomes large enough then people will use the momentum to create fraud.  They might ask people to respond and then ask for account details as a 'phishing scam' that was mentioned earlier.  Let's hope they stop making cool stupid words up and forcing us to use them.