60 Hz game (DOAX2) not working, even with PAL-60 and A/V cable

I just bought a new Xbox 360 E 250GB console along with a copy of Dead or Alive Xtreme 2

The console played all other disc-games flawlessly (eg.: Halo 4, Burnout Paradise), but I only saw a black screen when I inserted DOAX2, and could only get a reaction from the console by ejecting the disc with the button on the console itself (my account always signed out during this process).

I went back to the shop and they pointed out that it's an older game, and should be used with PAL-60 settings and an A/V cable. So I went back home, changed the cable from HDMI to A/V and PAL-50 to PAL-60, but I still get the same issue:

Black screen on starting the game from the disc, no reaction until I press the eject button, white rectangle flashes on screen for a millisecond when I do press it, and the console informs me that I was signed out of my Xbox Live account, so it signs back in automatically before loading my home screen.

I also tried starting the game without signing in with any account, but get the same result.

Any idea what the problem could be? (Boobie-overload perhaps? ^_^)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 22 Applies to:

Note: The AV cables are composite AV cables.

I also tried starting the disc while the console was offline, and with 4:3 screen ratio instead of widescreen.

I have yet to succeed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Microsoft support informed me that this is a general issue with DOAX2, and game owners should contact TECMO KOEI America (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) for a workaround. They will supposedly only share the workaround with the individual game owners.

Sorry this didn't help.

Turned out the disc was defective. I bought a new copy of the game, and it works fine even without changing the PAL settings.

Sorry this didn't help.