5.1 Audio

I have an Arcade as well as the new Star Wars Limited Edition console. I have the same problem on both. The Dolby Digital 5.1 is selected, however when I switch the machine off/on, it plays Stereo. I have to switch to stereo and back to 5.1 for it to play 5.1?

Why does it only sometimes SAVE my 5.1 setting? Xbox are not plugged out from the mains.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Greetings, AnimeAnt! Do you have any devices that run between your TV and your Xbox? If so, can you bypass them and let me know if the setting still saves only part of the time? In addition, can you provide me with the make and model of your TVs? Thanks very much!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you using the optical cable to get 5.1 surround ? because i think without the optical cable the xbox will revert back to stereo

Sorry this didn't help.

@AndyKod77

That isn't completely true. I use 5.1 without optical and mine doesn't change. I'm now using Digital connection (One cable for audio that resembles A/V cables) and still no change. He might need to reset his cache or to re-download his system update. @AnimeAnt you should provide your setup details for us to further assist you.

Sorry this didn't help.