50hz tvs

my tv is 50hz does that mean i can not play 60hz games even if i use a hdmi cable to connect my tv to my xbox????if i do play 60hz games what will happen to my tv??

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

I have personally never seen a 50hz TV, but considering how the refresh rate of TV's work, you should have NO issues.

The refresh rate (the ##hz) of the TV just controls how smooth the image looks. (ex: When playing a action game, the image will be smoother with a higher refresh rate)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="kingammo94"]even if i use a hdmi cable to connect my tv to my xbox[/quote]There is your problem.  Try using a component or composite cable.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok if you have a HD or HD Ready tv it will play up to about 80hz HD  Ready or 100hz for a HD.

If you have a dreamcast or ever owned one you would see the difference (i owned 2 tv's one 50hz one 60hz)

on a 50hz tv at 60hz games will look grainy black and white with the image jumping, or you will just get a grey screen but as said before if you have a HD or HD Ready tv your tv plays 60+ hz so you have nothing to worry about, if your tv really was 50Hz it wouldnt have a HDMI slot

Sorry this didn't help.