500 gab or 1tb

going to upgrade to the one but unsure whether 500gb will be enough. I normally delete as I go when I'm finished with a game but what's people's thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Last year I bought 1TB on Amazon for like $40.  Haven't looked lately to see the prices now for larger HDD.

Ah so can you buy an additional hard drive if you do run out of space and just plug it in?

Yes I advise you go for 500gb then buy an external hard drive

I'd go for the 1TB. With you having to install every game and with updates, the storage will quickly go so going for the bigger storage is the wiser move.

Even with a 1Tb console you will probably run out of room over the years, even by deleting games after finishing; there's bound to be SOME games you want to keep.

I would go with a external as well. Picked up my 1Tb Seagate for $59.00 at BestBuy.

Peace, J.R.

I only advised the 500gb because I was under the impression it would work out cheaper to get that plus an external hard drive

Very roughly comparing 1TB prices versus 500gb price, I would agree, cheaper to buy 500gb and an external.  The price difference between the 2 seems around £50 - For £50 you could pick up a 2TB external and £100 will get you a 4TB external

If you heavey gamer. There 8TB HDD out there. But if you a light gamer like my bother. You can do with 3 less TB and have enought to have the whole gen.

Wait for the holidays to buy, and with the money you save you can pick up whatever external drive you like and use the savings on it.

However, if you have money to spend now. I would suggest the 1Tb SSD internal drive Xbox One model.

^its a hybrid with the SSD being used mainly to for the OS to speed things up and its a more expensive option,   as for game storage, my advice would be go for the 500gb and buy as much external space as you can afford with the saving on a cheaper console,  a cheaper option all round and you will be surprised how it fills up,  I have 4.5tb in total and already 25% full.