5 Ghz wifi

I have a 75meg internet connection and the maximum speed I can get with the 360's built in wifi adaptor is 5megs.

This is infuriatingly slow.

So I am thinking of buying the USB dual band wireless N adaptor for my 360. It says on the help pages that it is compatible with the 360s

The only way I can get a decent wifi connection in my house is to use 5Ghz because the standard 2.4ghz band is congested and there are no spare channels.

I have tried plugging the 360 into the 5Ghz wifi bridge I use for my playstations and although the speeds are fast I have come to the conclusion that the 360 is just not compatible with it because I struggle downloading stuff of the marketplace because I get the Can't Download error. So the external USB wifi adaptor is my only hope of a decent 360 connection.

So can anyone say for sure the adaptor is compatible with 5GHz wifi?

I know the old white one was but i'm wondering if the black one is with the two antennas

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

Never mind.

Getting the same error using the built in wifi now. So problem can't be the bridge.

Starting to think my xbox is dying

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If your Xbox is giving you errors and slow download speeds, it's nothing new. It's Xbox Live that's struggling and not your internet connection. The latest dashboard update tells you that their servers are having "trouble" instead of throwing out an error code that you can't find anywhere. Either way...it's Xbox Live. I'm having the same issues. Sucks paying for a service and getting terrible service eh?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah. I've seen the other threads. Its happening to too many people for it to be my xbox or connection.

I cant download mafia 2 then i see in another thread others who can't download it.

There is definately a problem with xbox live somewhere.but as this problem has been going on months and microsoft don't acknowledge it, it may never get fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, it is a problem. Xbox has went from being quick and snappy, to slow, glitchy, and filled with useless advertisements. It's very nice of Microsoft to make it like this considering people are actually PAYING for the service? The 360 may be supported, but it's been forgotten about. I doubt Xbox One's situation is any better. MCC was a disaster, gaming really is sliding into the garbage. I predict another video game crash coming soon....who knows, maybe then SEGA can rise from the ashes and release another console :V

Sorry this didn't help.