$5 a month for xbox live BOGUS !!!!

don't get me wrong I love my xbox but if this is going the way I think that its going im gona b kinda upset !! so is the xbox live $5 a month only if u buy a year subscription ?? if so its cool and bogus at the same time !! I mean its suppose to be in 3 months that if one person on your xbox has xbox live gold then everybody on your xbox can play it !! but now it seems as if Microsoft is trying to squeeze more money out of us before this happens also ... just like they were trying to get us to do a paywall on the xbox one .. until so many petitions were filed that they gave it up and did away with it. A lot of people wont need this if its gona b free for others on your xbox so its kinda frustrating !!! $60 for a game, atleast $200 for a good new console, $50 for a membership, If u want more content for a game u have to spend more money .. I mean really ... come on .... lately I just feel like we are getting hosed. I love my xbox over playstation don't get me wrong, I just think something has to change, the whole world revolves around money money money money money and its kinda sad that u cant even sit down and play a game anymore with your family and have a fund time doing it and play a decent fun game with your friends without having to spend a fortune ... absolutely crazy ..... #thinkingaboutgivingitup

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 180 Applies to:

Yes, the subscriptions end up costing more for a year if you pay monthly or quarterly. As far as I know, it's always been that way (since they offered monthly subs anyway). Most subscription services give you a discount if you sign up for longer periods of time.

Also, I think the "one gold account per console" thing only applies to the Xbox One. On Xbox 360, you will still need a gold account for each person who wants to play online.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yah I get that but if u think about it $5 a month isn't even as good of a deal as they are trying to make it sound .. u can get a 1 year subscription of xbox live for $45 off of amazon.com !!!! $5 a month is the same as most people pay now !!!! when u can get it off amazon for cheaper all the time !!!! makes no sense to me .. just seems like they are swindeling us out of as much money as they can and seems like they don't care to much !

Sorry this didn't help.

I feel your pain, I really do. However this is the SUPPORT forum, and I just wasted time I couldve used to help someone with a legitimate issue. The $5 price is a one time deal to set you up with an auto renewal subscription, if you read the description it tells you that only the FIRST month costs $5, it then returns to regular price.

Sorry this didn't help.

exactly a SUPPORT forum !!! and Microsoft needs to start supporting us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

The support forums are Tech Support and not Support groups. All we can do here is attempt to answer your questions. We cannot acces your account and we cannot change Microsoft policies or biling structures. If you don't have a tech support question, you are better off posting in the Feedback forums where there is actually an expectation of the correct people seeing your opinions on the issue as those people do not come here.

Sorry this didn't help.

What kind of support are you expecting? Microsoft is business, a very large enterprise who has only one goal: make money. As far as one person having Live access and all other profiles on the console having it as well, that is unique to the Xbox One and won't happen on the 360. The "paywall" to access Live Gold is like you supporting the millions of dollars it costs to run a system like Live, which includes matchmaking services to every multiplayer game you play. Also, gaming is a luxury form of entertainment...if you can't afford it, don't purchase it. The gaming industry is just like every other industry in the world: they're in it to make money. They're not in it to support you or make gamers happy...they're in it to make money by any legal means possible and don't care about what anyone aside from investors think of their actions.

Sorry this didn't help.

For starters, I do not think gaming is a luxury form of entertainment. If you consider the cost of say, a movie at theatres (approx $20cdn per person + snacks) or a concert ($100+)--these are luxury!! Gaming has generally been the "poor mans" entertainment. With options like used games or retail clearance sales, really $5 for an entire months access is pretty reasonable. No-one is forced to buy any game or dlc on day of release at full price. Be pragmatic and shop around. In the end, ultimately if $5/month is unacceptable to someone for Live access simply use your gaming console as just that-a gaming console and play offline. Most games have offline multiplayer capability anyway so the family can still enjoy game night. Besides, when playing online you are beholden to other peoples moods and wishes (eg. screaming kids, cursing drunks, violent tempers etc.).So how much fun are you having, anyway? Pay or do not pay.The choice is yours. GAMERS RULE. When the well dries up they'll have only themselves to blame.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Ares!

If you'd like to discuss this further we encourage you to make a post over in the Feedback Forums so we can get it looked at by the right people. =)

Sorry this didn't help.