5-10 attempts to turn on......

Hi guys, Just wondered if anyone has the same problem as me. Basically it takes between 5-10 attempts for my xbox one to switch on. If I press/touch the xbox logo on the console it goes white, a few things whir into action and then 2-3 seconds later it just powers off, rinse repeat up to ten times and finally it will load up. This happens regardless of wether it's on fast load up or normal load up and if I try to turn on via the controller. Anyone? Adi.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Have you tried pressing the Xbox logo for 5 or 6 seconds to turn it off completely then waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on. I believe it is called a hard reset. that should help. either that or try getting in contact with Microsoft about it possibly being faulty.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

5 second hold is a soft reboot... Try that then unplug power cord for 30 seconds. Then plug back in and power up, wait for reboot as this will take a bit longer than normal.. if this doesn't help, try a Hard reset which is a factory reset found under settings. if all that fails, get ahold of MS for an exchange or if recent enough take back to retailer for an exchange. Good Luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.