4GB Extra Storage

Some time back before I had any online capabilities, I rushed in and bought a 4GB xbox. I have now realised the error of my ways. What i'd like to know is:

a) will purchasing an xbox 8 - 16 GB USB store my profile allowing me to switch it to a better machine if i choose to buy one?

b) do i need to bother buying a new machine? will a 16GB USB simply enlarge my storage space?

c) as battlefield 3 will not allow me to access the High Definition gaming on my 4GB machine, will a USB allow me get this, or will i need a new machine?

To summarise, will a XBOX USB solve my problems or will I need a new 250GB machine?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 42 Applies to:

My advice is to buy a 250 GB HDD for Xbox 360. It will solve all the problem you have just written. It costs 99$ but it's worth it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="CooledReesy"]a) will purchasing an xbox 8 - 16 GB USB store my profile allowing me to switch it to a better machine if i choose to buy one?[/quote]Not sure what you mean by "better". The point of a console platform is that all consoles perform in the same manner over the lifespan of the platform. USB flash drives allow one to move content from one console to another. Whether or not a game will allow this console hopping is up to the developer. Turn 10 is somewhat notorious for locking their Forza games down to a single console.[quote]b) do i need to bother buying a new machine? will a 16GB USB simply enlarge my storage space?[/quote]You could just add a HDD to your existing 360 S console. No need to buy a new console unless you want a longer warranty on the HDD (HDDs on HDD-based console kits are covered by the console warranty)[quote]c) as battlefield 3 will not allow me to access the High Definition gaming on my 4GB machine, will a USB allow me get this, or will i need a new machine?[/quote]You'll need a HDD. New console is up to you.[quote]To summarise, will a XBOX USB solve my problems or will I need a new 250GB machine?[/quote]There are both 250GB and 320GB accessory HDDs available for the 4GB console. There's a trap door on the bottom/right of the console. That's where the HDD goes.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to add if you're wondering how to access that hard drive you can check it out here: Installing a Hard Drive That link has both the Original Xbox 360 & Xbox 360 S. :-) I would just get the 320GB if you get a new HDD, if I am not miskaten its the same price as the 250GB. Enjoy! :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

I would suggest the 250GB HD as did NEO XBOX360.

Sorry this didn't help.

I recommend buying a 16GB Sandisk Cruzer. It's good quality and a lot cheaper than Microsoft's overpriced flash drive.

Sorry this didn't help.