4 red lights on Xbox 360 slim

Hey Helpp, I was playing bf3 and it froze when trying to go to main menu after hitting start. So I hit the power button. I waited a minute and then turned it back on. The Xbox loaded and then went to main menu and then screen went black and 4 red lights and dot. (THEY DON'T FLASH) so I called and they didn't help me. I tried the connection but I don't use a/v cables I use a hdmu cable? I pulled out my 250gb hdd and then tried it without and it just went blak and red ring instantly. What should I do I'm so upset I have to make videos for Xbox commentatin. Helpp me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 66 Applies to:

You'll want to look at this "Four Red Lights Troubleshooter" here: forums.xbox.com/.../153180.aspx

-

Just copy and paste the address and you'll reach the FAQ. Sorry I couldn't make a link as I'm posting from my phone and it has trouble doing that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Try unplugging the unit for 5 minutes and check all connections. if this doesn't work you will need to send the unit in for service.

nWo for Life

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is another red ring troubleshooting website to help out

www.squidoo.com/xbox-troubleshooting-red-ring-of-death-fix

Sorry this didn't help.

I thought the new S Consoles don't have that red ring.  Anywho, try power cycling your console and make sure it is well ventilated.  To do the power cycle, remove all attached power, video, audio and memory sources on the console and let it sit for 10 minutes.  DO NOT OPEN YOUR CONSOLE, as you are probably still under warranty because the console is fairly new.  Those Red Ring Fixes are something you do not attempt yourself.  Please visit the FAQ about the Warranty support.xbox.com/.../warranty-faq

Sorry this didn't help.