4 GB Xbox 360 Update Problem

I turned on my 4GB black Xbox 360 yesterday (Saturday) as I was not home on Friday and upon console start-up I was prompted with a system update or be signed out of Xbox live. So I began with the update and the loading bar got almost full (I would say 95%-98%) when an error message appeared saying something to the effect of "a problem has occurred while installing the update and the update will need to be re installed." I passed this off as nothing and did as the onscreen instructions said and again I was asked to update or be signed out of Xbox live. I did so and this time the update installed all the way. Then I got a message telling me to calibrate my Kinect. I did so. Then the calibration was finished and the Xbox start-up flashed and I was at the dashboard. I noticed that I was not signed in and went to my menu to select profiles and none were there!! There was absolutely no profiles saved on my Xbox.(They were saved on the 4 GB of memory in the Xbox system so not an external hard drive or a Xbox internal hard drive that I bought at a store) I thought maybe it was a display error and the profiles were there but I could just not see them so I restarted the system and I was on the dashboard but still not signed in. I unplugged the Xbox and plugged it back in to see if this would fix the problem and still nothing. Confused I selected the storage device option in the menu and my USB hard drive and the Xbox memory came up. The Xbox memory said 1.6 GB free, I selected it and went the contents came up it was completely empty saying 0 KB used for everything including profiles and game saves!! I then thought to check my USB hard drive to check if the same had happened to it but all was still in working order and it listed everything saved on it like it should. I went to download my profile from XBL and save it but a message appeared that said unable to download profiles at this time. I think the update did something to the internal memory on my Xbox. I've been looking around and people say the update has done bad things to their Xbox too. Does anyone have any ideas of what to do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:
Answer

Good to see that worked out for you, have fun.

Bananas !!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.