3rd party 250G hard drive

I found a web site that sells XBOX 360 Hard drives very cheap "like less than $60.00 for a 250 G". Is there going to be a problem connecting to Xbox Live with this 3rd party drive?  Will my console get a ban because of a 3rd party hard drive? Will I have any problems playing my games on this 3rd party hard drive?

http://www.focalprice.com is where I found these hard drives. I am not a rich man so the price seems right for me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Personally I would advise you stay well away from 3rd party hardware.
Some games need an official MS HDD to run (all original xbox games need an official HDD to work), official HDD's are also guaranteed for a year and they do not void any warranty on the console.

Cheap 3rd party products may seem good at the time but its not uncommon they cost people more money in the long run.
Others may think differently and I am not a rich man either, but I would say buy an official product regardless. It may take a little longer to save up for but at least you know you have the genuine article.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just keep your eyes out for deals in your area.  My gaming store near where I live had a sale on recently.  Traded in my older 360 for a 4 gb slim and bought the hard drive on sale there as well.  All told, my 4 gb slim with 250 gb hard drive cost me only $130.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.