3D

Well, I scooped up a sweet 42" Vizio Passive 3D tv yesterday.   I can't believe how dang good the picture is.  Heck the normal 2D pic on this $700 tv is better than the Bravia I just sold.   Hoping Xbox goes through with update to support stereo 3D.   I tried GT5 and MK on the PS3 in 3D and they looked amazing.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i agree with u i have gt5 mk and motorstorm apocalypse on ps3 and they look great in 3d. just so u know black ops is 3d playable on xbox 360

As is Crysis 2. Congrats on the new TV btw Chuckwgon.

I just picked up the new Panasonic 55 inch VT30 and had the VT25 last year and the pic quality of both 2d and 3d are out of this world. 3d gaming has really intrigued me this last year. It brings a whole new aspect to games. Wether it is  in some games that it looks as I can hold the character, coming out of the screen, literally in my hand. Others it feels im moving intensely fast or at a very high altitude giving me that "butterflies in stomach" feeling, usually only real life situations normally give. It's really something.  Xbox needs to hurry up and give full 3d integration to the Xbox 360 because all the games I have been buying lately are 3d enabled, which the ps3 handles soooo much better.  Except LA Noire, but ps3 had the better version of that too. Come on Microsoft you have been making my 360 lonely!

My TV's 3D ready but I'm not going to pay $300-400 for the equipment to make it that way.  There's just not enough on TV or games, to make it 3D.

@ChickinOnaChain- Why would you need to buy equipment to make it that way?   What stuff do you need?

Whilst you could only watch it with £80 a pair glasses I wasn't that fussed, but now you can use passive £6 a pair ones I'm very tempted. I just need a bit more support from the xbox to persuade me to buy.

I nearly bought the active glasses set a while back, I'm glad I didn't , I'd be well  annoyed by now.

[quote user="CHUCKWGON"]

@ChickinOnaChain- Why would you need to buy equipment to make it that way?   What stuff do you need?

[/quote]You'd need the glasses to see it in 3D and the equipment to make it that way.  As for games in 3D, you'd still need the glasses.  3D Equipment

I know you need glasses, but I was curious as to what equipment you need.  I'm thinking all you need are the glasses, or do you also need that little transmitter?

[quote user="CHUCKWGON"]

I know you need glasses, but I was curious as to what equipment you need.  I'm thinking all you need are the glasses, or do you also need that little transmitter?

[/quote]Without the transmitter, how would the glasses work?  It'd be nice to be able to used the glasses without it but they'd have to be wired into your 360 somehow.  Like the old Seda 3D set up.  As for what equipment, click my link above your post. 

i have a 3d tv and i dont need a transmitter i heard thats only for the mitusbishi dlp tvs that u need a transmitter for cuz i sure dont have a trans and mine works fine !!