3D question

Ok perhaps someone who understands 3d telivisions more than me can help me out with something.   a friend recently bought a 3d tv.   new lg 55 inch.  and it supports a bunch of 3d types.   horizontal, vertical, checkerboard, don't know what else.   when you enable 3d in gears of war 3 it splits the screen.   but any 3d options he selected on his tv did not work.   after some researching he found that gears of war 3 is stereoscopic.   I think thats the word.  I don't understand 3d technology or terms at all.   anyway he said that he read that all you need is some glasses call trioviz. and that they also work on non 3d hdtv's.

So im wondering.   I have a sony wega kdf-46e2000.  its a rear projection lcd.   I have it hooked up to my 360 with HDMI.   720p output.   if I go to enable 3d on my tv it also splits the screen.    nothings blury.   the screen is split vertically.   so if I get these trioviz glasses.   will I be able to play gears in 3d on my tv.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

ps i tried contacting epic, they reffered me to microsoft support.    I have called 2x and been on live chat with ms once.   one ms agent even said ms was not the publisher and that activision was and to contact them.   NO LIE.   but this was after he was looking for information for about 20 minutes.   nobody that I talked to from ms even knows gears 3 can be played in 3d.

sorry if I made it sound that my tv supports 3d.   towards the bottom of my first post.   it does not.  I meant to say it i go to enable 3d in geas. my tv splits the screen vertically.   I can watch analog 3d with a pair of red green cardboard glasses fine.   but that it to my knowledge.

1. No sorry. You can't convert 2D TV into 3D. 3D requires a lot of phytical hardware upfrades.

2. The X360 supports the old 3D format (Side by Side, Top/Tottom etc.). Select the option in the game, enable 3D on the TV and manually select the correct 3D format. Side by Side is the best option. Make sure the X360 is set to 1080p.

Trioviz actually does allow you to view 3D with special glasses on a 2D TV. I only played Gears 3 on my TV in 3D briefly but my TV auto detects the 3D format, which I think is side by side for this game.

The Trioviz system isn't the same as the modern format. It an evlution of the old anaglyph format. It's not an accepted format.

Oh sure, I am just saying that some games support it like Arkham City.

Ive played black ops in 3D

This thread makes me laugh soo hard. Only because i've used Gears 3 time after time after time and every time it only takes 2 seconds for me to switch it to 3D. This is almost like not being able to find the right video setting for displaying the console on the tv. But anyways all you have to do is switch the 3D settings on the TV to Side - By - Side once you've enabled 3D in the game. I truely feel i have the right to talk as much smack as i want too because you've turned such an easy task into something complex, you've even called Epic LOL! What's really sad is that you aren't he only person that can't turn a games 3D mode on. It's no wonder devs have been noobing up games, it's because people are STUPID.

You are missing the OP's point. He is trying to use TriOviz  Infinicolor, which allows you to play games in 3D on a non-3D TV. This is possible but only on games that support the format. So for example in Arkham City, you can enable it and it will be an advanced anaglyph method. With that said very few games support it. The list can be found here: en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_stereoscopic_video_games. Side-by-side will not work on his TV because it is not a 3D display.

Also, there is absolutely no need for you to be obnoxious, especially when you don't understand the OP's setup or what they are asking. On my TV I don't even need to press a 3D button, it always auto-detects but that is entirely besides the point.

I hope im in the right place. im trying to setup star wars with kinect to run in 3D. i have a different 3D system. its dual projectors with the 3D being split to the two of them with a 3D demultiplexer box and im projecting a 140" image with my kinnect just under the screen. it all works great but for getting the 3D to work right. ive set it to 3D tv in the 360's settings and my video procesor can handle any 3D image and split it to the HD DLP projectors. any ideas ? ive got videos of my rig if it helps