3d content xbox

why oh why is xbox not doing full 3d like the ps3 and why when i stream movies in 1080p from media center to xbox they dont look as good as on ps3.oh and by the way i prefer xbox but damn its just lower quality ,,,weird to say the firms microsoft. the 3d on gears of war 3 looks good but its not using the full potential of my expensive 3d tv yet ps3 is, its all a bit weird to say we pay for xbox live and ps3 live is free now what would the more intelligent man do.i want to stick with xbox but i wonder WHY?.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

EvenKINGROBB i know exactly where your coming from. i have both (xbox & PS3) i have always prefered my xbox for gameplay , but i like my PS for Graphics and Blue-ray, so much more also most of my skint buddies prefer their PS, i it's  a GAMES CONSOLE!! just think of it that way. do you owe a PS3 mate?

I only enjoy 3D with movies. I fine playing video-games without anything flying at my face.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="EvenKINGROBB"]

why oh why is xbox not doing full 3d like the ps3 and why when i stream movies in 1080p from media center to xbox they dont look as good as on ps3.oh and by the way i prefer xbox but damn its just lower quality ,,,weird to say the firms microsoft. the 3d on gears of war 3 looks good but its not using the full potential of my expensive 3d tv yet ps3 is, its all a bit weird to say we pay for xbox live and ps3 live is free now what would the more intelligent man do.i want to stick with xbox but i wonder WHY?.

[/quote]

Well for one xbox live has not been hacked.  Not to mention the multiplayer on PS3 is too laggy, or at least my experience has been laggy.  I know the upscaling of the 360 doesn't look as good as the PS3, but you do realize that the 360 has been out longer than this new fad of putting 3D in TVs again.  Hopefully they will release what all the next gen unit will do next year at E3.

Actually my xbox live account was hacked. you can see my post, in this forum ( search for Elephant in the room ). It caused me 3hrs plus of hassle including cancelling credit cards and changing passwords everywhere. If you look over on the security forum they are banning gamers who have illegally accessed other peoples accounts and bought items on market place with their real world money. They have had to suspend my account for 25 days and I have had new bank cards sent out. You can argue about the term 'hacked' but as far as i'm concerned if someone went into my house, accessed personal information without my permission then used that information to take money out of my bank account, then its no different to hacking. MS know it's been going on for a long time

This is a serious bit of advice.

Remove your creditcard and any bank details from your account and just use prepaid cards. I and many other found out the hard way. Also for further info I am not a Sony fanboy, I quite like my xbox and have owned one in various formats since day one release it's a great bit of kit. but to say xbox live has not been hacked is incorrect.

hope this helps.

[quote user="Black Crowe"]

Actually my xbox live account was hacked. you can see my post, in this forum ( search for Elephant in the room ). It caused me 3hrs plus of hassle including cancelling credit cards and changing passwords everywhere. If you look over on the security forum they are banning gamers who have illegally accessed other peoples accounts and bought items on market place with their real world money. They have had to suspend my account for 25 days and I have had new bank cards sent out. You can argue about the term 'hacked' but as far as i'm concerned if someone went into my house, accessed personal information without my permission then used that information to take money out of my bank account, then its no different to hacking. MS know it's been going on for a long time

This is a serious bit of advice.

Remove your creditcard and any bank details from your account and just use prepaid cards. I and many other found out the hard way. Also for further info I am not a Sony fanboy, I quite like my xbox and have owned one in various formats since day one release it's a great bit of kit. but to say xbox live has not been hacked is incorrect.

hope this helps.

[/quote]

One of the most common ways of getting phished is friends watching when you put in your xbox live ID and password.  NEVER EVER give that information out, or leave it lying around.  LostKauz has an ongoing cash reward to go to anyone who can hack his account, and has been rather vocal about it, and to this date no one has done so.  I hate to hear about anyone getting their account phished.  Also don't fall for those sites/emails that offer free MS points, or bogus emails stating that they are MS and you need to put in your live ID and password in order to not get blocked or whatever.  I'm not saying this is what happened to you in particular, just giving some general things to stay away from.  Hopefully you can contest those credit card charges, and the bank refunds you.

Xbox will get there with native HDMI 1.4 3D eventually (but maybe not on existing units).

The 360 can output the format needed to generate 3D. There are several games that support 3D already.

If there's enough digital content, I could see Microsoft adding support for 3D playback in apps.

No console has native 1.4 HDMI.